Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

With so many new Grainfather brewers and in general just more new brewers  - here is a chance to see how your beer tastes against other brewers (extract and partial mash and kits welcome, even Williamswarn users).

Lets aim to have a few beers to have over the Xmas period, so to be in you would need to get me your beers by Sunday the 7th December.  This will allow you a bit of time after SOBA if entering etc .

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers - used to be minus one but lets take the extra 1 to the no 1 queen st HB tasting event just before xmas...
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam. - My House Auckland also CBD dropoff
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass) is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarize costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:about 

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

Views: 659

Replies to This Discussion

Likewise, plus mine went in the post today.

Hey Peter, sorry about the late reply. I'm still looking at heading up to Auckland tomorrow. Probably be aiming to leave Tauranga at about 5pm so coming past you at about 6. I can move that a bit to suit when you get home or I can meet you in Waihi?

Peter S - thanks again for organising all this. Are you able to message us you home address?
Cheers,
Matt

Thats easy, looks like its a half case

I am waiting for the WGTN beers and Ryan's to arrive, have the AKL ones, as soon as they come in I will swap and advise people that pickup is on.

Just checked the tracking on mine and it says 'damaged' so it looks like I'll be missing out this time around.  They must have been pretty rough to break PET bottles.

Mmmmm. Has not even arrived not me reporting damaged... Bit strange

Hopefully its just damage to the box.....

This is what it says so it looks like it was damaged at the depot.  Hopefully it is just box damage but if it was there on the 2nd it should have arrived by now.  I'll call on Monday to see what the story is.  Surely not every bottle is damaged, I sent 10 so hopefully enough survived.

1 Acceptance 09:22 on 01/12/14
2 Sorted at Auckland depot 05:09 on 02/12/14
3 In Depot 05:59 on 02/12/14
4 Damaged 08:19 on 02/12/14
5 Damaged 09:26 on 02/12/14

Apparently it is on it's way back to me, but the guy I talked to couldn't tell me why so I am guessing the address label was damaged.  It should be here within a couple of days so its up to you guys if you want to wait.  Other option is that I have 5 500ml flip tops left that I could courier down today, I just don't want to hold things up.

Sent some new ones down by courier so hopefully you should see them tomorrow Peter.  Didn't have time to remove the old labels so the 500ml bottles are an American IPA and someone will have to have a saison which is in 750ml flip top.  Sorry for the muck around.

No worries, and no rush (well, from me at least).

thats cool mate was going to post that I have not got this either,

at this time of year everyone gets a bit busy

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service