Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

So I just tried a clone that I had done and it tastes and looks terrible, I'm 100% sure its no infection its just BLAND

I'm not to worried about the looks but I have a heap of people coming this weekend and was wanting to pour this.....Now my knee jerk reaction is to make a hop tea bag with some hop pellets and drop that into the keg and let it hang there for a few days to give it a lift in flavour

Is this a good idea???.......

Views: 463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a few variety in the freezer if you need 0276306457

Thanks for the offer mate........All sorted now drinking it now

But if you dont mind I will grab your number as I dont know to many brewers here yet

Cheers

So I dumped some Cascade inside some ss tea balls into the keg.........Notice the difference straight away slightly better maybe drinkable now.

FWIW, I have found the Burton Ale yeast does beat the hell out of the hops. The beers that I have made that were decent using this yeast were mostly rich malty flavours.

The dry hopping in the keg is a good way to go, as you have discovered. However, be careful with it, as I have found pellet particles can get in there and make an astringent taste over time. 

I've had a few English Ales turn out under hopped. I used British hops and I suspect the alpha acids might have deteriorated in transit and storage before I got my hands on them.

To rectify the bitterness I got hold of some isomerised hop extract - this stuff http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/isomerised-hop-extract-28ml. Because it doesn't need boiling you can easily tweak the bittering to taste. I use a 0.1 ml pipette with a half pint of beer to work out the amount of extract required.

I see that Charles Faram and Brouwland are now offering post-boil flavour and aroma hops, so you could fix / experiment with the entire hop profile.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service