Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once mine a growing I will repost here and see who is keen for cuttings.

Hi Ryan or anyone,

I am keen for any rhizomes that are for sale.

Cheers

Will

I would be guttered if people on here were selling danscade (or the other named varieties that I have been associated with) as they were all sourced and provided free (ex gratia beer not included). When I harvested my danscade rhizome I shared a dozen around only charging freight.

If people were to make money, then Dan should be getting royalties! :)

LOL Hi

I sent some more out to six people the other week only asking a donation, they were all over generous with their donation, much appreciated!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Is there any chance you still have any left? I would be very happy to give a donation to receive some.

Cheers

Will

I thought your approach was tops Dan.  I've got no problems donating a few bucks to recognise the time, effort and cost of carving up your plants and sharing them with us.  Asking for a donation left it totally open for me to give as little or much as I want.  Perfect.

Got my rhizomes in pots on the deck.  Looking forward to seeing them break ground.  I presume you want to keep them damp but not wet and as warm as possible?

Maybe give these guys a try William, they have smoothcone in their catalogue.

http://www.fragrantgarden.co.nz/herbs_perennials.html

Thanks Ryan I have dropped them a line so will see what they come back with.

I have about four varieties, if your interested a German of places unknown but have brewed with it its low alfa but made for an alright Alt, I have smoothcone and sticklebract and an English chap I got off Joe which is a bit juvenile to split but should be good to go in a few more months once it starts shooting,

They'd fit in a $5ish bag from NZ post if your interested in some rhizomes

Hi Hamish,

I'd be very interested in a couple if you are willing to part.

Could I please try sticklebract and give the german a go?

How much are you looking for, for them? PM me your details if you want.

Not looking for anything mate other than to spread the hoppy goodness, will PM you once I have got some Rhizomes ready to go which should be a in a couple of weeks once I get around to digging some

Awesome thanks for that mate.

In your opinion should you plant hops in pairs or is it fine to plant one of each variety?

I only have a small patch at home(residential) where I would like to have different varieties if possible but also have access to a lifestyle block that I have been given a fair amount of space if I need to keep them in pairs.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service