Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Sorry for the late post on this. I am sure you were all smart enough to check the details of the last competition to find out the style.

So as the title says: the next style is a Robust Porter 12B in the BJCP style guidelines.

Basically a "stronger, hoppier and/or roastier version of a porter designed as either a historical throwback or an American interpretation of the style. Traditional versions will have a more subtle hop character (often English) while modern versions may be considerably more aggressive. Both types are equally valid.

As usual, meet at Hallertau on 19th July. Judging starts at 3PM. Kindly let me know if you plan to enter so I can have enough judging sheets available.

See you there!

Views: 501

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Barbara,

I'll be there with an entry

Cheers
Brett

I'll be there too. It's looking like a big crowd!

So who won and what's the next challenge? Disappointed I missed it.

Thanks to the large group of fans who attended WBC this past Saturday. As always, thanks to Hallertau for hosting and looking after us.

Congratulations to Kelly for winning this time with a Silver medal score - a most excellent example of the style. Appropriate, too, as Kelly will be leaving NZ for his OE. 

I know you were all waiting for the graph so here it is: Distribution of scores - there were 18 entries but I didn't record two of the scores 

Yes, there were some very low scores. Several beers exhibited serious faults. These brewers need to have a think about their processes - be sure your yeast is happy (among other possible causes).

Mike, who came in 3rd, has chosen Imperial IPA as the next style. Challenge accepted!

This competition will be held in 4 months - November 2014. I look forward to seeing you there!

Woohoo IIPA!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service