Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Sorry for the late post on this. I am sure you were all smart enough to check the details of the last competition to find out the style.

So as the title says: the next style is a Robust Porter 12B in the BJCP style guidelines.

Basically a "stronger, hoppier and/or roastier version of a porter designed as either a historical throwback or an American interpretation of the style. Traditional versions will have a more subtle hop character (often English) while modern versions may be considerably more aggressive. Both types are equally valid.

As usual, meet at Hallertau on 19th July. Judging starts at 3PM. Kindly let me know if you plan to enter so I can have enough judging sheets available.

See you there!

Views: 501

Replies to This Discussion

I'm entering for a change! Kegged it on saturday.

Protip: don't skimp on roasted malt! The ebc on roasted malts here in NZ seem darker than whats often listed in recipes - use the same % rather than trying to match on colour.

I have an entry

I'm planning on having a beer.  Need to clear an oktoberfest out of my fridge first.

Yikes! For some reason had WBC in for next weekend.  Oh well, only 3 days of carbonation.  It might be better as a cask ale anyway... :-/

I'm in.
Finally getting a chance to brew mine today. Should be ready in time :)

Bugger, just realised I probably won't be able to attend on that day. Is someone willing to mule my winning entry along? :)

My porter is kegged so now the only problem is not drinking it all before mid July :)

I'll be there.

OK I'm in :)

I have an entry.

I have my $10 donation ready

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service