Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have an American Pale Ale in the fermentor which has been bittered with Pacifica. Any suggestions as what hop to dry hop with that would compliment the beer so far? I was thinks a 50g dry hop into the 15 litre brew for 5 days. I was leaning to Wakatu or Nelson Savin. Cheers Mark

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can we have some more info about the beer? 

Is it All Grain? What was the grist? Also, you say it was bittered with Pacifica - is that the only hop that you used throughout the boil? Did you do any late additions or use any other hop?

Definitely Dry Hop it...but with what may depend on the other ingredients used in the Brew. 

What have you got on hand, aside from the Wakatu and Sauvin? You are suggesting a dry hop of just over 3g/L which is a good amount, but you could go more depending on other factors as mentioned.

Im a fan of Sauvin in any aspect of Hop usage, but it can be over-powering if over-used or with the wrong hop...

I recently did an all Sauvin Golden Ale that was dry hopped with 100g of flowers and it was awesome.

I wanted to try the new wort from Golden Bear "California Pale" and used hydrated US-05, here are specs sorry I dont have anymore info about the boil

Grain Bill:   2-row Pale, Pils, Munich 

Orig. Grav./Deg. Plato:  1.059/14.4ºP

Hops: Chinook, Green bullet, Motueka 

Approx. IBU:  44

At home I have part bags of Willamette, Wakatu, Zythos and NZ Cascade

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service