Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Any advice on Beer Line lengths?? I had issues with leaks etc, so I'm a little concerned its overcarbed, After sitting at 8/9/10psi, I'm getting large amounts of foam.

I'm down to 1.3metres of Beer Line length after cho[pping some off to try and balance.

Help?! 

P.S the Beer hasn't gone to waste, I may end up a bit drunk.

Views: 541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SO IT SEEMS 1/4 INCH BEER LINE IS THE STANDARD. 6.35MM ID.

0.7/0.8PSI/FT

THIS CALCULATOR NOW SUGGESTS 11.25FT OF BEER LINE. WHICH IS ABOUT 3.5METRES. SO BASED ON THOSE OF YOU WHO GAVE ADVICE ABOVE, IT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE.

HOWEVER I BELIEVE THE BEER USED TO TEST MAY HAVE BEEN OVERCARBED ANYWAYS, SO WILL BE TRIED AGAIN ON THE NEW ONE. I'VE ADJUSTED TO 11PSI AND 3.5 DEG C, WHICH SHOULD BE AROUND 2.4 VOLUMES. SO HOPEFULLY I'LL GET A BETTER INDICATOR OF WHAT IS APPROPRIATE.

Sounds like we need to have a brew day at yours to fine tune this fridge, Also are your taps above the top of the kegs?

I originally tried the calculator length and it was far far to short for my setup.

yeah it doesnt seem quite right to be honest.
Mainly because it come out quite fast already.

I also used a calculator when I first set up my system and the same thing happened, beer came out way too fast and all I got was foam. Switched two 3 metres and it was perfect.

I used a couple of different calcs, I laughed at the one that said 2.5m, too long I said it'll never work, I will try and dig it out and chuck it up here as it was spot on

And now I pour at pretty much any pressure and temp nigh on perfectly every time

When i first set up my kegging system i was having the same issues, and it ended up being that  the fridge temp was fluctuating and warming up (co2 coming out of suspension). It was an old fridge which ive since replaced, and now dont have any issues and ive used various line lengths at the same pressure with no foam issues. Just a thought..

Fluctuating by how much?

Cant remember exactly as it was about 7 years ago. The refrigeration unit was icing over and the temperature of the beer increased. I assumed at the time that it was the line length or that air was somehow getting in, so i chopped and changed the line then i noticed the ice, and put 2 and 2 together. the beer temp wasnt 'warm' but it was warmer than when it started (still < 10C).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service