Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi,

I'm casting the net wide for a 13/16" chassis punch and a 1-1/4" chassis punch to make holes in my pots. I've other options – hire places, buy cheapies (my pots are thin), approach an engineering firm, hit up a friend who works in stainless fabrication.

But seeing as the sizes mandated by theelectrichomebrewery.com are very specific and really must be exact, and seeing as a few here have gone this route with electric gear, I figured someone might have splurged on the GreenLee bad boys and be willing to loan them out.

Anyone?

Views: 1451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally agree like a spa pool needs an RCD...  water and power are not good bedmates...

I'll be using all nz plugs for my kettles and pumps. 2x 32a for the kettles and 2x 10a for the pumps all my outlets and control panel will be hard wired to the bench I'm about to build. Makes maintenance easy as can just unplug and replace ect.
Will be powered by a 2phase 32a supply. Plan on having the bench on lockable casters. So I can move it if I need the space.

Nice, yeah my new brewstand is on castors. I can wheel it into the carport on nice days.

What 32A gear, got a link? Finding that sort of thing online – with decent information/images/price – is bloody difficult. 10A gear for the pumps is just standard 3 pin stuff yeah?

Yes standard for the 10a. The 32a stuff for the kettles will be 32a Range sockets and plugs w/ flex. (Like on a single phase stove). Most prob the HPM ones. Will mount the sockets over the back and under then bench. So out of the way when your standing on the operating side. Should be able to get them from your local electrical wholesaler. But get a price first and let me know might be able to get them cheaper for you.

Cheers guys. I need 2 sockets and 2 plugs, my dad has trade accounts with most of the wholesalers so I was planning on checking with him before ebay-ing. 

I find buying online so much easier, you can see what you're getting and I don't have to run around all over Auckland on a Saturday morning trying to find someone knowledgable with the thing I need in stock. Those trade-type businesses in general could do a lot better online. That said I just found (obscured in a pdf) some HPM flush mount sockets that run 25A – perfect!

Hi Barry, I've got a step drill if you want to borrow it for drilling holes in your pot, let me know
Cheers Craig

Cheers Craig, might take you up on that. You at work this week? Friday lunch?

Hi Barry, keen to catch up for lunch tomorrow, will bring my step drills in in case you need them. 1pm Vulcan?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service