Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have been planning my new brew setup, and have been looking for the best place to buy all my stainless bits. BrewHardware seems to have a great selection of products at a very reasonable price point, and also has a great reputation. However, the shipping cost for my order is sitting at $86, which is a tad much... I tried adding a bunch of stuff to the cart, and the shipping cost seems to plateau at $86.

So this got me to thinking, if adding more stuff doesn't increase freight costs, then a group order would make perfect sense. I would be glad to organise a group buy of fittings, and ship them out to the individuals who partake. If anyone is interested in this, please let me know!

Cheers.

Views: 2146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be ordering enough fittings to build my HERMs system. Not a lot more than you, but I will also be ordering sight glasses, which are quite long, meaning they'd have to be couriered. I think it would be most practical to get it sent to me. I guess we'll confirm that when we order, though.

Having looked at the options I'm going to bow out of this one.  I'm keen on going the quick disconnect route instead.  Thanks for flagging it though Clinton and hope it all comes off well.  

No worries, Tilt. Where are you planning on sourcing your QDs? I would prefer them, but they are a lot more expensive everywhere I look.

The plan is to find something like these on Aliexpress.  I'm not sure they will turn out to be a whole bunch more expensive in the end.

Why don't you guys use a local supplier like Anzor or Pipeline Industries?

They are both neat companies and will give a good discount if they know its for making beer.

Both done good by me anyway

I actually know someone who can buy from Anzor on a large trade discount, which I was planning on using, but they do not stock compression fittings, close nipples, 1/2" camlocks, and some other small bits that I need. I would need to source these parts elsewhere. Shipping would cost a lot if bought internationally, or I would end up paying a lot of money for them in New Zealand.

I think it would be cheaper and easier to source from one place.

I'm keen too, and I'm also looking at upgrading my HLT to a HERMS system. I should have my list by end of Nov, and I live in Wellington too.

I'm probably looking at an additional Chugger pump kit (already have one), Weldless Bulkhead for Rigid Tubing, a bunch of extra camlocks/tees, Silicone Tubing and probably his heating element enclosures. I'll get the SS tubing from NZ, and maybe a new pot - perhaps a call to Chris Banks!

I was considering Bobby's new RIMS kit which looks brilliant, but I've settled on HERMS rather than RIMS.

I've previously bought a fair bit from BrewHardware and their gear is excellent, as is their service. My last shipment (Chugger kit, plate chiller, loc-line) didn't require additional gst which I was very pleased about.

The reason for getting an additional bunch of camlocks is that I want my whole system to use US camlocks. Currently I use the ones that I got from the Chugger kit, plus others that I purchased in NZ. Unfortunately however they wont fit together so I've managed to arrange my setup so the NZ ones couple together and the US ones also couple together. It means I've got hoses that only fit one way on my system, which works, but I'm going to replace the NZ ones with all US ones for more flexibility. I'm not sure if the NZ camlocks are supposed to couple with the US ones, but they didn't for me.

Also, if you guys are building an eHerms unit with controller etc, perhaps there's a shared ebay order too (PIDs etc)?

I would love to do a group order from Auber Instruments for the electronic components. They do PIDs, temp probes, buttons, switches, LEDs, etc. I really don't want to buy cheapy PIDs, as guys on HBT forums have had many issues with Ebay PIDs, and say they're not worth your time.

I am up for 2 pids with timers , the custom heatsink and 2 water sensors so I can build a grant, PM me I am in.   I want the timers so I can brew dead on 5pm after work and early in mornings with out having to get up and heat HLT water...

Sweet, sounds good. I guess this can happen at the end of November as well?

i went for the cheap pids with no issues at all.you just have to request the correct output type and don't give feedback until youre happy everything works as it should.it only cost me a couple of hundy delivered for everything

Thanks for the reply. I have seen others that had luck with cheap PIDs as well, but I'd rather have the Auber ones anyway. They are well regarded, decently priced, easy to use, etc. Nice work on your control panel!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service