Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A couple of ales at Abbey Cellars, sitting outside, chatting beer with Dermot and Sparky.

Now that's the way to spend a Sunday afternoon

Cheers, jt

Mussel Inn - Extra Strong Ale. 10% ABV. Very tasty.

More of a malt profile beer than a hoppy one..

Macs have a limited release beer out    Cascade Parade IPA

Its good ...    could do with a dry hop but as is its very drinkable,  was on tap at Neighbourhood bar Kingsland. 

If they bottle this its going to be a big hit.

MEDIA RELEASE JULY 2013

Limited Release Arrives at Brew Bars

Mac’s is riding the crest of a wave of fame and glory having picked up several Gold Medals at both the International Brewing Awards and the Australian International Beer Awards.

As a result, the brewer’s confidence and creativity is overflowing leading to the creation of an exciting new brew, Mac’s Cascade Parade IPA.

At 5.5% ABV this brew uses loads of Cascade and Nelson Sauvin hops giving it a high hoppy bitterness and aroma along with flavours of citrus, passionfruit and sauvignon grapes. Something new to entertain the taste buds over winter!

This limited release is available on tap while stocks last in Mac’s natural habitat – Brew Bars – across the country.

http://www.macs.co.nz/macs-brewbars.html

Having  a dirty pint from the fermenter, Analogue Pale Ale. Kegged it tonight.

Digital IPA recipe at 1040. Warm, flat & tasty.

This thread doesn't get used as much as it should. Have had great beers lately from Knee Deep, Lost Abbey, He'Brew, Firestone Walker and Stone. 

Tonight is a Firestone Walker Grand Reserve Porter (I had the Wookey Jack recently and the other one is for a special occasion as it is everything right with beer) This bad boy is a smooth chocolatey number. I will seek this out again for sure! I thought Ballast Point Porter was the top dog but this is next level shit right here! 

Cheers all

Kicking back with a Rogue Dead guy ale to match my lazy bachelor dinner of pie and oven chips with chili sauce.

Really really love that big malty base of the Rogues! It just tastes so different to Kiwi and Euro malt bases.

A Saison Dupont from BREW   it is a top fermentation beer with refermentation in the bottle.

Since 1844, this beer has been brewed in our farm-brewery, during the winter time.
Then this beer became a second refermentation in the barrel.
During the next summer, this very thirst-quenching beer was served to the “saisoniers” which were working on the fields.  Surely therefore, our Saison Dupont is considered as “the classic” among the Belgian season beers!
Coppery blond, the finest aromas and a strong bitterness transform this beer into a thirst-quenchener with no equal, just the way it was created.  Our selection of yeasts is the perfect base for these typical aromas and ditto taste.
A real refermentation in the bottle, which will continue for a long time in your cellar, result into this complex and particular aromatic beer.

OK I am in the mood to try and make something this dry...  I have the Wyeast 3711 going to do a 100g of Kohatu at flameout then sit it in back of garage until the end of jan... 

Also what happened to Mash UP  couldn't find it anywhere last night at the usual suspect CBD bars..   Is there going to be another run?

I love Dupont. I tried that late and have had a couple recently to catch up on the years of missing out. Moinette also produces a great blonde that I rate up there also.

I hope Mash Up keeps coming out. Nice easy drinker fit for any occasion.

I had a garage project saison earlier in the evening but it was on tap,  no where near as dry and carbonated, still good though.   Also had a 8wired rastafari stout, now that is a nice  stout!   its not big or in your face its just clean and easy drinking, still of all the beers the dupont stood out last night!

Might try to get a few Lindaur bottles and some corks for the saison...

I have almost finished a keg of Hallertau Maximus clone,  I have to say this is one of the best beers I have brewed and will be doing a replacement brew next week,  I am going to slightly lower the bittering and slightly move the late hops even later.

vulture

Good George wheat beer 8/10
Liberty smokey porter no idea of name. 8/10
Debbles pale ale 9/10

I'm planning to brew Debbles Pale Ale this weekend. Same method as on his blog post but with no protein rest at the beginning and a shorter (60min) boil. Any tips or hints?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service