Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have been planning my new brew setup, and have been looking for the best place to buy all my stainless bits. BrewHardware seems to have a great selection of products at a very reasonable price point, and also has a great reputation. However, the shipping cost for my order is sitting at $86, which is a tad much... I tried adding a bunch of stuff to the cart, and the shipping cost seems to plateau at $86.

So this got me to thinking, if adding more stuff doesn't increase freight costs, then a group order would make perfect sense. I would be glad to organise a group buy of fittings, and ship them out to the individuals who partake. If anyone is interested in this, please let me know!

Cheers.

Views: 2146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Adam, do you know if the npt threads fit onto the bsp threads? Thinking in terms of attaching cam-locks to my bsp ball values in the vessels. 

I was thinking of getting a pump and pump kit but appears all their pumps are 115V 

1/2" npt and bsp fit together fine, just use an appropriate amount of thread tape.

Yep, as others have mentioned here, there are no problems with the 1/2". That's why I'm going to replace all of my NZ 1/2" with the BrewHardware ones, so they all fit together.

When I bought my pump, they had an option to select a 240V pump. But now it says on the website to email, so I did. Bobby came back to me overnight. They don't sell too many 240V but he said if we really want some he'd get some shipped in for us for only a few dollars extra per pump (or if we wait until mid-Dec he'd be driving over there to get his next shipment).

Only 1/2 and 3/4 bsp & npt will fit together , bigger than that and it will leak

Not only will it leak, it won't even thread together properly. The 1/2" and 3/4" BSP and NPT fittings share the same thread pitch, but the smaller/larger fittings do not.

Kind of OT but sort of fits here, does anyone know how far a 1-1/4" bsp male will thread into a female npt? I ask because the normal hot water elements only have about 3 threads / 6mm and the pitch is 11 vs. 11.5, so I was hoping that there might be a chance that the low number of threads would allow for it to not bind up and to fully seal against the gasket - anyones thoughts / experiences?

One thing to remember is that if the package arrives in NZ with a value of more than $400NZD, INCLUDING shipping costs, there will be GST added. There can also be an additional paperwork processing fee if you don't show up to do it yourself.

Cheers

Chuck

Unfortunately I am well too aware of this process. I am hoping that Bobby will be able to declare the package as a gift, or declare it to be worth less than $400.

Sometimes customs won't tax packages over $400, and it has happened to me a few times. Usually at times where there is a high volume of packages, they can't get to all of them.

I'm willing to take the risk. My previous order was USD$541 inc shipping and I didn't get stung.

Anyone know where the best place to get a 1/2" SS coil for a HERMS would be?

Also, Jaycar for a good control panel box? I'm looking at following theelectricbrewery.com where possible.

Jaycar doesn't have much. I spent a while looking for a  good control panel box, and I finally found one the other day. Digikey has the Bud Industries NEMA rated SNB series, that is basically the same box as the one used in the electric brewery. The 400X400mm box is $150, and any orders over $125 are eligible for free shipping. The 300X400mm box I plan on using is $128. Make sure you get the 200mm deep version, not the 150mm, as I have heard they need a lot more work to fit everything in properly.

Unless you want to order the pre-coiled SS HERMs coil that theelectricbrewery.com sells for $220 USD plus $70 shipping, I'd advise going for a copper coil instead. People have a lot of trouble bending stainless, so unless you can get a machine shop to do it for you, I would stay away from stainless. I bought a 20m 1/2" copper coil from brass123 on Trademe for $100 including shipping.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service