Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm gradually getting all the bits and pieces together to build a single tier AG rig (similar to this).  Each time I get paid I'm making an effort to buy one or two more pieces in the hope I can be up and running before summer.

I'm looking for a good supplier for SS fittings, ideally in Wellington, but that's not a deal breaker.  I plan to place a reasonably sizeable order too, so a willingness to negotiate on price will definitely help me make a decision.

I've found a US supplier (bargainfittings.com) with several kits made up which are exactly what I'm after, but surely I can find a good supplier closer to home - I'll definitely consider an Aussie supplier too because I'm over there often.

I've listed some of the parts I'm after with links to images.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Views: 8236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Evan, Proflowdynamics are selling male and female cam lock fittings for about $5.2NZD and $7.90NZD each.  Even with the delivery cost that Otto mentions above, it's still cheap.  Who else can do this kind of a deal?  Proflow price on ball valves is the best I've seen as well, about $20 for a 3-piece ball valve.  

I was looking at the quick disconnects from Kegking in Aussie, but they don't ship to NZ.  They told me their NZ distributor is kegresources.co.nz but the quick disconnects from them are a lot more expensive than the cam locks from proflow.  

Thanks

Craig

Can you let us know what type camlocks those prices are for so we can compare apples with apples. I have dealt with INZHydro before and they were really good, pretty good pricing. It all comes down to how many you want I guess, small order and the shipping kills getting them from the states, large order and you save. Remember that US fittings will more than likely be NPT, not so much of an issue with the 1/2" size but any others the threads don't mate up properly. For price comparison when I got my stuff at the beginning of the year 1/2" SS 2 pce ball valves were $15 from INZHydro. Just checked now and the same type of valve from Proflows would be about NZ$14.

Yeah that is a good price, I put this forum over to dealing directly with INZHydro due to being overseas for a period last year, at $5 and $7 they are cheaper than NZ but you may need to tap the NPT for BSP, I was privvy to 3 piece ball valves for NZ$14 last year but that stock supply ran out, I am lloking at some QDs from USA supplier ans will keep you all informed if these come off.

I personally don't see the hype over 3 piece vs 2 piece. Both need spanners to undo but 3 piece are a bit more fidly to get back together (ok I have yet to take apart my 2 pce ones!). 1/2" BSP/NPT are close enough that you can use one or the other with thread tape to take up any slack. But any other size and you could run into issues (I would think retapping wouldn't be possible).

Yes you can retap them with a BSP tap quite successfully, we are required to do this reguarly in my industry, ok to do with brass or S/S but if you were to do it with nickel plated you remove the plating : -)

I ended up getting cam lock fittings from graham at inz hydro, he was great to deal with and I'm happy with the couplings, also got my 2 piece ball valves from him as well. I've had trouble sourcing 1/2" threaded pipe for weldless fitting through pot wall though. I can only find it in 600mm lengths other than on craftbrewer.com.au. Anyone found threaded pipe in shorter lengths?

I have a 600mm length that I am cutting up now, how long do you need your bulkheads and how many? and do you need back nuts and what is your prefered sealing system Evan

Thanks Evan, I'll work out what I need and send you a pm, cheers Craig

Hi fellow brewers,

Like the OP I am in the process of building a new system and I need a whole lot of SS camlocks and 1/2" ball valves, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

Has anyone sourced any reasonably priced SS fittings of late? I'm awaiting email responses from proflowdynamics, HCD and pipeline wam. Anzor's website implies 1" camlocks are the smallest they do but I haven't emailed them yet. Couldn't find an email address for INZHydro - there's a phone number for a Hamilton shop, was that who previous posters were going through?

Aussie suppliers are fine too - even if they only ship to Oz I have family there.

I'm after around 10 sets (C & F type), prefer BSP but from what I've been reading 1/2" NPT should be okay for low-pressure systems like brewing, with a bit of plumbing tape. Plus some 2-piece ball valves, and a few elbows and a few compression fittings for the HERMS piping.

Cheers

Hi,

I have sourced all my parts from ProflowDynamics. The website says no international, but just make a list from there website and email. they are probably the cheapest. But youh ave to make the most of the shipping. I think you can get around 7kg - 10 kg of parts for $48 USD shipping.
They use a USPS International Pre Paid Box, so if it fits, they send.

I have got contact details for 3 way Electric Ball valves for $19 USD if your interested.

The NPT vs BSP is no drama, we have used both in combination all over our system, and thread tape and a good wrench = a nice fit! :)

Regards

No help for camlocks but I have source a few bits and peices from ebay, I have used this store before for pipe fittings and swaglok fittings and all seemed to go well (although the descriptions sometimes leave you guesing until the stuff arrives!)

Pretty good prices on 1/2" NPT ball valves: 3-way US$27, 2-piece US$10, 3-piece US$20 - including shipping.

Fittings http://stores.ebay.com/dailyappliance2010/Pipe-fittings-/_i.html?_f...

Valves http://stores.ebay.com/dailyappliance2010/Ball-Valves-/_i.html?rt=n...

Swagelok x NPT fittings http://stores.ebay.com/dailyappliance2010/Common-Pipe-fitting-/_i.h...

contact Karl at http://allgrain.co.nz/ in Wellington

he has cam locks, quick releases, trip clovers, you name it. Just had a big shipment arrive, so a lot of the parts aren't up on his site yet.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service