Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just typing this up as your post came through haha. Here's mine, can you tell how many shoots?

Lol. Nice!

Here's one of mine about a week ago

And here's another from a rhizome that I gave to a mate

Cheers Dan!!

Does anyone have any seedlings or seeds they would like to share/sell?

Any chance there are still some rhizomes floating around? It would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking around for a while and they seem quite hard to come by

I would be super keen to get my hands on a Danscade plant / rhizome or other useful variety.  Can pickup around Auckland.  Happy to pay a fair price.  Hit me up if you don't mind sharing your precious plant!

Get one for Jamie while you are at it :-) If you can't get any then I read up on how to propagate. I shouldn't touch my new plants but the best sounding technique to me is to bend a bine over and cover it in soil so it starts to root. It is best to trim back some bines anyway so why not put them to use? Perhaps someone with established plants could do that for you.

I'll keep you in mind buddy.  Have emailed Dan so hopefully he may be able to help us out!

Already emailed this to scott, but for you others here is the guts of it.
Its best to divide them in the winter, when dormant, all my rhizomes took a hammering from the ones i sent to realbeer members a few months ago, if i see a stray vine somewhere with some roots on it, that should take, theres not much stock to take off my rhizomes at the moment.
Dont get your hopes up but i will take a look sometime for a stray vine separate from the main rootstock.

If I find a few I can send one to each of you above, I may be able to slice a small peice of the top of a rhizome.

I will check it out sometime.

If you havent heard from me in a couple of weeks email me because I may have forgotten.

Dan   Mine where planted and 4 out of 5 have 1m bines, 5th went awol......

thanks heaps will keep taking photos and do a photo series at end of summer

not really expecting anuytghing this year but solid growth and that they get a decent foothold ...

How long did they take to get to that height?

Mine only really just starting to sprout up about a month ago. This is now

I got 2 then 3 in second shipment 1st ones are growing across ground not up yet, I am about the train up a pole, I suspect about 2-3 months cant remember date, slow to get to stage as above then suddenly double...  maybe they grow faster if they creep across ground?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service