Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a beer (and a little wine) holiday for the end of the year.  We were planning to leave Auckland early in the morning on the 27th, drive pretty much straight to Masterton (free digs) sleep, have the whole next day around Martinborough wineries, stay the night in Masterton. Then off to Wellington for two days and nights before heading over to Nelson for New Years, Might head around to Onekaka and back to Nelson New Years Day if anything is open, should be a nice drive.  Blenheim the next day and night.  Catch the ferry back over to Wellington the next day and hopefully get up to Tuatara.  Next day drive up to Mike's and stay around there, home on the 5th.

So that's a pretty comprehensive plan, I haven't done this trip before so I'm not sure if I am allowing enough time to do everything, we don't really have anymore spare time so we need to fit everything in.  May as well make the most of having somewhere to stay in Masterton for free and doing the wine thing, spend some time doing the same in Blenheim when not drinking Renaissance/8 Wired, maybe even Moa if the moment takes us that way.

Any advice or recommendations? Will have the one year old with us so thinking that Nelson might work out well for New Years rather than Wellington although we won't be out very late anyway.

Cheers,

Mark

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are a few other breweries to try if you have the time...

Mussel Inn - Golden Bay

McCashins - Nelson, Stoke

Panhead, Kereru, Garage Project, Parrot Dog - Wellington (not sure if Panhead have open days or door sales yet, don't think so).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service