Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Still looking for a 50 litre keg or two to convert into a mash tun guys, any help would be appreciated, dont really want to buy new just to take the grinder to it!

Cheers Tom

Views: 785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have one with the top already cut off, (I wanted the top to make a pressure lid for my fermenter), but I don't know how much it's worth to you or how much it would cost to ship from Paraparaumu.

What do you want for it Smiffy...just moved to Tawa and would be keen if Tom not able to take it.

Keen to build a mash tun.

You go for it, to get it to chc would be too much admin for what its worth I think....

$30?

email me on smiffypr(at)clear(dot)net(dot)nz

For what it's worth, I have a couple of 50L Sanke kegs I planned to use for a HLT and BK, but have decided to use pots instead. I am in Tawa as well. The kegs are untouched, and come with spears. They both have a couple of dents, though. PM me if the deal with Smiffy doesn't work out.

PM'd but had to do friend request first. 

hey mate did you get rid of these?

Definitley keen. on way out door for the night, email ya in next day or two ;)

how do you cut the almost perfect circle out of the top of the keg?   and what kind of grinding disc to clean up??

I used a plasma cutter to do the cutting. Rest it against something to keep it on track. That leaves a ragged cut.

For the top, I used a belt sander to finish it. The rest of the keg still has the ragged edge, so will need some work with an angle grinder.

Nathan doesn't want it, anyone else interested?
As you can see from the pictures:
It used to be a cask so it has two welded up bungs.
It is dirty but a bit of caustic gets that off quite easily
The top edge is rough and below that is the residue from the torch, rather like weld splatter which would need a bit more work to clean up.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service