Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I've been looking for the 10 gallon RubberMaid round orange coolers for a while now. No luck in Wellington. Has anyone seen one recently?

I have seen a 20L version for $70 in FCO but this will only do for 23L batches at most I reckon.

Views: 3730

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There might be two litres, but I don't think it's much to worry about.

If you are sparging (which you must be, if you're looking for a MLT), then whatever you are leaving behind will be pretty weak wort, by the time you are finished.  It won't be a substantial loss.

In fact, on some occasions you might leave more than two litres behind, to avoid over-sparging your grain.

I thought the same as you Pete and added an extension under the false bottom to get the last out but it ended up dragging in more bits of the mash which clogged on the sharp bits in the valve.

Damon's right - by the time you're finished sparging, it's so low gravity that it's not a big deal. Plus I tend to keep adding sparge water well after I'm supposed to anyway so you aren't really losing anything. The solution is to add a couple more liters of sparge water than you need so no big downside.

Safco were selling them. Check their website. I found that by the time you bought one from them and then all the bits it was cheaper to get one shipped from Morebeer in US(complete with false bottom, and 2 piece ball valve). With our dollar now probably still a good time to buy

Only prob there is that all listings on Morebeer that use  a cooler are all showing as out of stock!

I may have 1 or 2 coming up for sale soon.

1) second hand and old. is heavier than normal from the wort soaking into the insulation.  Still works perfectly.  No valve or false bottom. slight warping on the inner wall and a few scratches. have had no issues using it
2) second hand and like new.  used for 4 or 5 batches (maybe a couple more by the time I'm ready to sell) will come with a ball valve and false bottom.

I'd be interested in the second newer one Brent, but seeing this is Karl's thread he should have first option on it should you chose to sell it.

I'm too lazy to really want to ship it :) I'd probably take local wellington offers over nation wide offers.

It also depends on when my new mash tun is ready - I don't have an ETA on that yet.

Thanks dude but this is an old thread - I've am over-supply of mash tuns now.

Cheers Brent, you can give me back my first mash tun for historical reasons, think of preserving the past.

More than happy to sell it back to you ;)

txt me bro, you can have it

I've got one for sale, $150.  Holds the mash temp perfectly.

Cheers & Beers,

Bill  =B-)

m: 021 101 2084

www.thatbeerplace.com

What kind have you got Bill? Is it available from your website (ie a new one)?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service