Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thinking about doing a Danscade too - how much ground space will it take up? I know they like to go high (or sideways) but not sure of how much room they like at the base. Are they cuttings or the rhizome? I could hit Tilt up for a closer source if they're cuttings.

From trying them in a 9l bucket, a 25l  drum, and in the ground, the difference in growth is significant.

I would say they need at least 700mm between the strings, but more is ideal.

I'd second that - my main rhizomes are 1.2m ish apart.  First year in the ground last year and they yielded 2kg of flowers (wet).

Ok dug some up today.

Call me 073085868

or email: dan.elanor@kinect.co.nz

Just sent you an email...

Email sent too.

Received mine today. Thanks Dan, will hopefully get them in the dirt this weekend. As it's a little early should I be covering them with straw or something?

Not sure I never covered them! just left them to it, if they grow wild in europe im sure they will be fine.

Sounds good. Did you figure out where you buried your Greenbullets? Could be a nice surprise come summer.

No I haven't yet, could be anywhere.

Got mine yesterday - thanks Dan!

Dan you are a legend, I have mine in dirt and am hoping every day to see some green shoots poke through. Just an interest side track I went down in the process that may be of interest to all, look up willow water as a root hormone :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service