Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi folks,

I'm currently looking into building a kegging setup (finally getting sick of bottling) and I'm amazed at the variation in prices of corny kegs.

Hauraki Home Brew - $120 each!
TradeMe - $75 each
MoreBeer - US$39 each (works out at NZ$55 at the moment)

Certainly pays to shop around!

Martin

Views: 1558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HHB and many HB shops get their corney's from the brewcraft importer... their prices are very high.

TradeMe has a few of them now, mainly Stephen from Hallertau (Bathbeer) @ $75 + shipping.

MoreBeers prices look nice nice, however when I last checked to get 4 over here was USD$175 - 200 for shipping alone.
I've just received an email from ImportGroup stating that they had 20l kegs with CUB couplers for sale.

Price ~$165 + GST (Min 3)
I have 5 kegs in my set up now. I bought them all from bathbeer. They are all in great nick, they work well and it beats the hell out of bottling. I would highly recommend to anybody to get them off trademe.
Cant find them on trade me what are they listed under?
There are none on there at the moment. Send an email to him (stephen at hallertau.co.nz) it may take him a couple days to reply...

If you need replacement parts, you should look to import from US or AU as the prices @ LHBS are $30-$40 for a disconnect.
You can hire and fill gas bottles from BOC gas in Orari Street.
Cant recall the exact price, but it was around $10 p/m for hire.
Or you could use sodastream bottles with adaptor.
C Test in Christchurch is another option. Find yourself an old fire extinguisher and they will modify it for you and fill it.
Martin,

Dealing with Stephen @ Hallertau is you best bet. I've bought 8 off him now. You may have to spend a couple of dollars on them, I needed a new gas in post on one and o-rings etc but by far the best option. I think I bought a whole lot of keg disconnects from the US.

Rich
about Co2 general consensus is that a fore extinguisher place is the best bet ., they can change the valve and refill with no rental, about $7.00 per kg , you also see the odd bottle on trade me used for MIG/TIG welding
Cheers
http://www.novanorm.net/ec-shop/index.html
These guys will ship to NZ and their prices are cheaper than the UK prices(if you were buying form the UK compared to UK sellers, I mean). You also get a free bar of chocolate. Better tell them not to include it or MAF might kick off.
C02 bottles (reconditioned fire extinguishers)
$200 (cash only!), refills $20, usually a range of bottles to choose from.
Pressure Check Cylinder Testing
Westmoreland Street Grey Lynn.

There, I said it.
I cant believe they are still there I took a CNG tank in there about 25 years ago.
good to see they are keeping up the good work
I think the fire extinguisher route is the most economical as well
Cheers

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service