Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

So I am wanting to start trying to really nail some recipes and get repeatable with them. It got me thinking what everyones top three styles to drink/brew would be. My thoughts are I would like to re-brew 3 beers with a 4th random thrown in there to break up the monotony (with this I would expect that each beer would be brewed at least 3+ times a year).

My top three (with thinking about still having something freinds/family that arn't as open to beer with flavour) are:

A Blonde ale - Not too aggresive a style but looking to perfect that well ballanced beer.

A hoppy US/NZ Pale ale - On the high end of the scale (crossing into the low end of IPA stats-wise)

A Porter of some kind - Possibly spiced/smoked/oaked or something to give it a bit of a edge.

I feel like that is a reasonably rounded line-up given the limit of 3 (any more and it would take to long to get back to the begining of the list)

So what would you guys do?

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sheesh. I have done just over 60 brews so far and not once have i rebrewed a recipe. If i had to choose 3 regulars and one occasional it would probably be:

1) Belgian Golden Strong

2) APA

3) Saison

then Flanders Red for occasional.

But... I will continue to brew whatever takes my interest at at any given time :) 

Altbier, American Amber, American Pale Ale,Brown Ale,Dubbel,Old Ale,Porter

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service