Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi there

Most of you know that a feature of Marchfest for the last few years has been a home brew demo.

Other than having fun, the goal of this demo has mostly been to promote craft brewing at home and to show people that it is possible to make great beer by yourself. For many people, home brewing means kit+kilo swill to be endured rather than enjoyed. It is great to have an opportunity to try to change this opinion.

Ed and I have had gallons of fun brewing at Marchfest, but this year it feels like time to take it up a level. Therefore it has been proposed that for the demo this year we try to get as many different people brewing onsite with as many different setups as we can manage - all grain, partial, wort kits, shiny blickman bling vs warehouse pots vs keggles vs splash and dash... the more variety the better.

As far as I know (but Fritz and Maria should confirm this) this idea has been embraced by the organisers and now we need to start getting in to the nitty gritty.

I am looking for volunteers to help, either people that are interested in brewing or people that are interested in assisting in other ways. I am sure there will be a lot to organise and I should have a 6-week-old by Marchfest and am also playing with the Immigrants on the day so I will need help both before the day and during it.

If you are interested, please let me know.

If you want to brew on the day, please let me know how your mobile set-up is likely to work.

If you have a set-up that might work but can't make it along and are happy for someone else to use it, let me know.

Utilities - especially electricity - will be limited so the more people that can brew with gas the better. I would like to say that it's open floor and everyone is welcome but we might have to be selective.

We are still confirming lots of details:

* Final sign-off from the organisers

* Contents of Volunteer packs (t-shirts, tickets, beer vouchers etc)

* What power and water supplies we can rely on

* How big the floor space we will have is

* Potential sponsorship for ingredients

* etc

I am planning on being at Evan's on Saturday which might be a good opportunity to talk about it.

Cheers

Mike

Views: 824

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike , my name is Dave Paine, I help Fritz out last year in there tent, I have been slack and work has got in the way in coming along to swap a beer saturdays,, I have a complete set up that is gas, All Grain and would love to help or set up a brew, I am buying some grain from bill to do a batch tomorrow. thanks Dave

Hi folks!

I would like to propose 7pm Tuesday at my place for a chat to sort out how all this is going to happen.

Please let me know if you can't make it, you don't know where I live, or if you don't get this message so don't know you need to turn up.

Cheers

Mike

I can't make it Tuesday night.

Looks Like I can change thinks so can come along on Tuesday but it maybe a bit late about 15 to 20 min, Can you send me your address and phone number. thanks Dave

Hi Mike, Here is my pale ale recipes, hope you can open it. Dave

Attachments:

Just added it as a pdf

Attachments:

I've whipped up a quick partial recipe. I need:

3.5 Kg Malt Extract

0.25 Kg Pale Crystal Grain

100 gm Motueka

100 gm NZ Cascade

Happy to substiture hops as required.

Cheers.

G'day folks

I am just about holding it together, but as far as being the organiser for this - meh, I am not doing a good job. I don't think it's a disaster yet but I am relying on your patience for sure.

I propose drinks at my place at 7pm tonight for a final planning session, for anyone that can make it.

Things I can tell you:

All ingredients (except yeast) have been officially donated

Everyone gets a free entry ticket (names below, let me know if I missed anyone)

We will not get T-shirts

We might get a drinks voucher or two

All gear must be unpacked on site prior to 11am

Things to determine tonight:

* Who's gear are we bringing?

* Who is going to deliver it? (Names must be on the entry gate to get let in)

* What's the roster for the stand? Need to make sure everyone gets a break and there is always people there.

* What are we going to do for pack-down?

Names:

Mike Stringer
Christian Galbraith
Gareth Phillips
Dean Hunter
Gareth Kerr
Matthew Hoddy
Evan Davies
Adam Tristram
Paul Dunlop
Dave Paine

Cheers

Mike

I can be at your house tonight at 7pm

Aaaargh it seems the Immigrants are having a final practice for Marchfest's gig at 8pm tonight. I need to make drinks at my place 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Sorry.

Opps, only just checked the forum. Let me know what needs to happen on Sat am, I'm happy to fit in. If you want my mashtun, let me know. Also, if someone has one of those little camping cookers suitable to boil a 12L stock pot on, I'd be greatful (can swap some beer for gas). I can always bring my 3-ring burner and gas bottle but seems overkill for my partial boil!

Sorry I missed meeting....will explain. Okay so after SOBA meeting last night Hoddy and I are also doing a stint on the SOBA stand. If I could be rostered on earlier that would be super? Is F & M doing their thing (tent) like last year and need help there?

If you need anything, gear wise let me know

Adam

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service