Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I want to make a wooden mash tun. Otago area, I'll pick up. Or any pointers to the right direction will be appreciated too...

Views: 1170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what sort of size do you want?you can get used wine barrels for $50 around central otago,would a half one be too big?

50L or so, how big are the barrels? Is there any wine yards with brewery near by? I can make a new bottom, if needed. Keen as... U still need that PID ;)?

Cheers,

Vesku

i think full ones are around 200l so you could cut it 1/3 2/3 perhaps.not sure how you'd go with the timber drying though-they leak like sieves until they swell from moisture,i think it'd be fine with reasonably frequent use though.

unfortunately the local brewery has just closed,the nearest on to here is at wanaka airport.

i've just been looking at pids on ebay-i never realised how much cheaper they are than trade me! does yours have the ssr and temp probe?

Yep, kiwi's should really have a look at the Ebay before buying anything from Trade Me.

Brewski? Closed? Bummer. I kind of liked that one. I've SSR and probes....

brewski still there but arrow brewing and dux have closed.how much do you want for your pid?

Great, I know that the ownership changed with the brewski... Shame about the others :( Emerson could have flouted and bought them and get the ball rolling, if they haven't sold out to the shit.

I'm modern day communist, trade with a barrel that is fresh and not leaking too much?

i'll have to give that a miss i'm afraid,i don't actually have a barrel and i'm starting to build a house soon so i don't really have the time to go barrel hunting either.

The one I have from Paliser Estate is 228L

That's the standard size in winery's.

Did Arrow Brewing close?  When did that happen?  The whole pub or just the brewery part?

Vesku, there is a winery in Dunedin you could try.  I think its called westons.

I was just about to ask the same thing. Sad. :(

When I went to Arrow brewing around September he was talking about closing the pub in a week or two and opening a big brewing premises so he could produce enough to supply outside the local area. Only been to the Arrow brewing pub once and it was great so sad to see the pub close, but at least the rest of the country might be able to get hold of their beer soon.

it was my local which sucks a bit but thats life.they closed 2 weeks or so ago as the rent was too expensive,they plan to continue supplying kegs and bottles to pubs/supermarkets etc from a new premises without the pub out front.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service