Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Seen something on Trademe that others maybe interested in...post it here

Views: 33090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buy this, so I can get some more copper to practice on :) $1 reserve...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/food-beverage/other-beverages/...

Hi everyone,

Im reluctant selling my chill-out 30 plate chiller.  I now have  Herms system with lovely big steel coil which i can use as heat exchanger and chiller.  This little baby did me so well and needs a good home.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=537117363&ed=true

wowsers!

ummmmm yep. Is that conical peltier cooled aswell? Someone must know something more about this or the seller, I can't imagine a setup like that being kept a secret!

Looks to me like a MoreBeer conical, they have that sorta fan cooled, insulated thingy going on with their temp controlled conicals. Seller says in the QnA that's its a MoreBeer sculpture as well! impressive getting that shipped all the way down here, must've cost a shizzleload

I'd get that system if I could afford it.

Sexy time.

Now on offer at TradeMe, Kereru Brewing Company's Farra 50LSBB brewing kit.

www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=541295483

$2,795 starting bid. No reserve. Closes at 8pm on 14-12-12. You are welcome to call round to view it if you are interested.

Nice lil setup for someone wanting to do boil in a bag

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/food-beverage/other-beverages/...

Just a pre-listing notice that I am going to list my stainless 50ltr setup. Consists of:

1 x S/S keg hot water tower. Includes industrial water filter, silicone food grade hoses and double gas burner. Attached to s/s legs and about 1.8m high

1 x S/S keg based MLT and Kettle. Includes false mesh bottom and sparge setup. You can run this as a 2 vessel system and simply sparge into a vessel and then reinsert into it for the boil . I have been doing that and it works well. Or you can use it as a kettle and use a insulated esky type mash tun (not supplied). Double gas burner underneath.

1 x large copper wound immersion chiller with hose attachements. Built specifically to go in the MLT. Cools Wort from boil to pitch in about 10 minutes for 25 litres. Leak free and easy to use.

1 x Fermentation box which fits a narrower 30l plastic fermenter. I have a temp controlled setup now so this is spare.

Comes with usual hoses and accoutrements including a spare plastic vessel for the wort if you use it as a 2 vessel setup. Needs a tiny tack weld to reattach one side of the gas burner on the MLT but I will get that sorted. All in Wellington and I am really not that keen to ship it - looking at around $1050 for the lot. I've done circa 40 brews through it and its brilliant to use, easy to setup and clean and dead simple for a new AG brewer.

How big is the HLT, litres wise? Also whats the length/tube size for the IC? Any pictures?

Its a 50ltr HLT (standard s/s keg with a gert big hole in the top). MLT can take about 45 litres on a boil and has measures scribed inside so you know volumes.

The IC is 15m of 8mm copper (from memory) its bigger than others i have seen but is blindingly efficient. Has hose connectors on both ends (in and out).

I'll sort some pics out over the weekend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service