Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hop Chemistry - applied to brewing - looking for info

As per title. Keen to learn more about hop chemistry etc and would be keen on some reading of what hop constituents give which results when brewing. Anyone have any good resources for this sort of thing?

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Chris. I have listened to that and it is great, but I would like something a bit more in depth and in written form if possible.

I have just emailed you a couple of bits of hop stuff I got off a mate in Aussie if they are of any use to you

Thanks Hamish. There is some good info in that. Still keen on some more in depth info as well tho!

Hi Ralph, there's a new book coming out which may answer some of your questions:

Hop Variety Handbook: Learn More About Hop...Create Better Beer. (Volume 1) - not sure of publication date at this stage... seach amazon.  Cheers

if you can get hold of a copy of designing great beers there are 2 chapters devoted specifically to hops,one on bitterness and the other on flavour/aroma

Yeah, those are well worth reading. Paul has my copy but you're welcome to it after him.

Thanks Dougal. I have been emailed some info which is looking good but I am keen to grab the Designing Great Beers book at some stage anyway.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service