Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

What is it about alot of breweries that makes their customer service department shocking? Do they think that simple customer service rules do not apply to them? The main brewery im having a moan about is Emersons...

I have sent several email enquiry's to Emersons about their products, availability etc and have not heard even a glimpse of a reply or anything... Do they not want people to buy their products??? Is it "too hard" to reply to a customer desperately seeking one of their beers?

In my opinion, this is shocking, and should be punishable by liquidation! As anyone who doesnt look after there customers shouldnt have any...

The reason I wanted to post this rant, is mainly because I was so pleasantly surprised by the absolutely fantastic customer service from the Renaissance brewery...

I got a London Porter and a scotch ale from a wine shop, they were like bottle bombs, really fizzy and didnt taste all that nice... And after reading on here about how everyone raves about their beers being really good etc, I thought I would email them and let them know about my experiance...

Wow, is all I can say, I fired off an email, and within 30 mintues, had a reply, explaining that it was most likely due to the beer not being stored in a fridge (which was the case) and some extra fermentation happening... He even offered to post me a 4 pack of their beers in apology :o)

So big ups to you Renaissance brewery, you obviously know what customer service is.... And a big big BIG shame on you Emersons, i buy Renaissance beers now :oP

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Rant! :0)
Gotta say i've emailed both of those breweries lately with no reply....I dunno what's going on with them i just figure they're busy after Beervana...kinda interested in having my questions answered though.

Availability of Bourbon porter (tasted at beervana and loved it) from Renaissance
and
Emersons, when's my favourite beer (APA) coming back?
APA would be due out about now but I'm guessing we may not see it this year. The last time I was in Dunedin I popped into Emerson's and noticed that they only had two boxes of Amarillo left. They said they couldn't be guaranteed any more of this hop so the APA would be discontinued. I thought they said this years model would be the last one but after seeing that they used Amarillo in the recent Brewer's Reserve, it may not be coming at all...

Maybe Chris O'leary will be browsing and come to the rescue.
Dammit that's disappointing! ah well i'm REALLY glad i brewed my Armageddon/Maximus clone now!
Mmmmm Cascade goodness!
By the way - if anyone tells you that DB is trying to buy Emerson's, don't believe it. Richard admitted that he started that rumour to drive up the share price ;-)

Or did I just make that up after a bottle of Piny Stout?
That DB rumour is years old, there have been Lion and Fosters rumours since that one, but the most recent would be the Coke/SABMiller rumour.
Do you want to start a rumour about Epic?
Emerson's has just announced the release of this year's APA. Sadly it will be the final release of this wonderful beer (because of supply issues with US hops).

The good news is I am assured it will be a monster hopped version. Richard has used up the his entire stock of US hops in this baby!
Now that they have annouced the release of the APA, they may want to remove the Maris Gold from the list of beers on their website!!

That website was "coming soon" for a couple of years, and it was out of date before it arrived. It looks pretty though.
good news and bad news i guess....
Hiya - Production wise APA is being bottled next week with another batch due out after that. But yes its the last year. And Geoff is right as its the last hurrah its been hopped up.
Anyone with an xtra account trying to email the brewery will have lots of problems. We have been pulling our hair out with this situation. Its affecting some browsers and our mail network big time - filters apparently????? Any issues with beer Reviled please contact the brewery by phone or fax. Seems our sales guy might not have received your emails due to the xtra thing? I ranted and raved here when I see the forum discussion I hope my spin out here with the sales lads wasnt wrongly placed. Many or our trade customers havent been able to contact us via email due to many xtra emails not getting through to our mail server. Me thinks its a fallout of the Porter gushing from way back. Old batch
left on shelf?
Hope that helps. But please contact brewery by phone - 03 477 1812

Chris
Hi all,

I know Emersons have been having alot of trouble with receiving emails from xtra accounts. Do you have an xtra account?

Rich
Interesting..............
I had an Old Colonial Witbier bought for me at the Royal in East Perth a couple of weeks ago & it was bloody awful, tasted sour & was possibly infected.
I didn't bother saying anything (or emailing the brewery) as I've previously been ignored by them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service