Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Seen something on Trademe that others maybe interested in...post it here

Views: 33090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice one.

This'd be a cracking MT with a thermometer probe replacing the sight glass on the outlet T, a nice fitting false bottom, insulation and a sparge arm setup.  Could be a step along the way to a HERMS set up.

It'd be a shame to use it to just heat water I reckon.

I always thought that the best shape for a mashtun was wide and flat? More surface area during sparging = better efficiency. I may be wrong, but if that's the case then you should go HLT.

Good point Dougal.  The geometry of this tank looked similar to the "orange cooler" MTs which seem to do pretty well (i.e inside diameter minus the insulation).  Might be worth confirming before committing though. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking too Tilt. Can't wait to get my hands on it and have a play though!

Yeah it is a nice shiny bit of kit, looks really well made, must be good for something.

Let us know how you get on with it :)

Holy balls! A Farra 50SSB and 3x Farra Fermenters on TM! http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=503396317

Wow....

*drools

Is that the Kereru brewery? If it is it's sad to see it not work out for Chris, mr. NK7 got a good deal it looks like! On closer inspection it looks like Chris is still going (well at least at 7 August), and the TM photos the room doesn't look as nice!

Definitely not Chris bro

I'm still hard at it. I may be outgrowing my Farra brew stand, but there's still plenty of brewing going over here in Upper Hutt!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service