Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Dear All,

The SOBA National Howe Brew Competition has been announced and is to be judged at the home of many of the country’s best breweries, Christchurch. Ally McGilvary, Nathan Crabbe & James Pinamonti have gallantly stepped forward to organise the event this year.

Here is a summary of the pertinent dates and information:

• 1st - 21st October 2011 for receiving entries.
  • Judging to be held 29th - 30th October 2011.
  • Costs: $5 SOBA members, $10 non-members per entry.
  • Location: Christchurch (and we will do everything possible to ensure Mother Nature doesn’t shake the bottles up too much!)

To reduce the postal costs, the competition organisers will accept 1 bottle (minimum 330ml) per entry but this will be at the entrants own risk. Sending two bottles is your insurance policy and neither SOBA nor the organisers accept any liability for loss.

The attached press release contains the same information as this post.

Martin Bulmer

Press Officer, SOBA

Views: 3092

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are there any details floating around about the 2012 Competition? I haven't seen any mention of it......

I have reason to believe that the 2012 competition will be judged in the City Of The Future in October......

In Rolleston??? Oh now hang on, Rolleston is town of the future... where is the City of the future??

I'm guessing the Tron? 

I also though of Rolleston first....

Sorry, details should have been announced by now. I've been sick, and have dropped the ball a little on organisation.

That's the bad news. The GOOD news is this should be the best NHC yet. We're lining up another rock-star panel of judges, similar to that in 2010. We're nearly ready to go live with a new website which will have all the details, and will be the hub of the competition. It will use social media to do cool stuff like live tweet results on the day, as beers are judged. No more chewing your nails for weeks afterwards!

Anyway, the dates are important, so you can start planning your brews. The date has been set at the first weekend in November for judging, with entries open at the beginning of October.

Official announcement coming soon, but those dates are locked in, so you can plan for them.

Thanks for the info Greig. I'm looking forward to it!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service