Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Im wondering if anyone from Auckland has a surplus of bottles/crates they want to sell. I have been putting so many brews down I have run out of bottles.

Views: 5097

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure about Auckland, but there are a few bottle shops here in Wellington where you can buy the empty crates for the same price as they discount if you swap an empty for a full one.  For example, at one of my local bottle shops you can buy an empty crate (including bottles, obviously) for $4.50.

I suggest you ask around and see if somewhere up there will do the same.

Yes, in Chch most bottle shops sell crates with empty bottles for $4.60. Last time I went they had heaps of them in the back.

Ditto in Auckland, I had maybe a 50% success rate. The one behind the shell station at the end of Lunn Ave is good, they only charged $4 when I was there last, but some ask as much as $6.

Thanks guys I was able to get hold of some bottles.  They were $6 but thats fine with me

Hi Duncan,

Where abouts is the store selling empty bottles in Wellington. Im from Upper Hutt and have had no joy here. Was actually told by one store that the bottles still belong to the Breweries (ABC) and that their getting pissed off with Homebrewers - lol wonder why  :-)

I haven't sourced bottles for a couple of years now, but I got most of mine from Super Liquor on Parkvale Rd in Karori.  The guys in there were great back then - one guy noticed that I'd come in and bought a full crate a couple of times without returning the previous one.  He actually mentioned to me that I could just buy the empties for the same price as the rebate ($4.50 then) without having to drink 9 litres.

I'm pretty sure I've bought an empty one from The Mill on Victoria St around the same time too, but as I say, it was a while ago now.

Thanks for that, will try if I'm over that way.

The Mill, in Lower Hutt is where I got mine.

Cheers Brent, will try there but I know for sure "The Mill" in Upper Hutt dont :-(

Give them a call, that's how I found out they did it :)

Cheers for that, will do  :)

Most I have paid is $4.80 in the Tron.... hefty amount of cleaning but worth it!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service