Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

In today's Herald there was a large ad for a brewery called Boundary Road. They are looking for beer tasting consultants - 999 people to try 3 lager recipes which they will deliver to your home. One lucky person will be chosen to be the Chairman of Tasters and receive a home brewing kit (this is the fancy one discussed in full on this site a couple months back - the bench top $6K one).

I have entered (what the hell - I like beer). Applications are being taken at TheChosenOne.co.nz

Does anyone have further info on this beyond what is in the paper?

Views: 2466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm waiting for my $5...oh, did I say that out loud?

I applied for this... http://www.boundaryroadbrewery.co.nz/the-resident but they replied 5 minutes later saying they're only looking at overseas applicants. They did tell me they liked our beers (esp. Pot Kettle Black) though.

A shame for them, we could have been a beautiful thing together.

A foreign brewer makes it a cute story, a nice piece of marketing, the beer is probably only a secondary consideration ?

I also thought this - and that they wouldn't really want to give any publicity to a local "competitor", Their competitor in my mind is Stoke.

I just thought it would have been fun to try to bend their straight forward thinking a little. Not towards peat, just towards something a little more interesting than what they seem to be going for.

I'm not sure I could afford it anyway, as it looks like they are trying to get away without paying, and I need a job to pay all the bills for the family while Yeastie Boys struggling to pay for its own growth.

"... we’re [NZ's] running a bit short of new beer blood, so we’re seeking a temporary brewing wizard from abroad with skills somewhere between exceptional and godlike."

What are they even on about with that? Do they not know about all the awesome craft breweries in NZ? oh wait, thats right, they don't care.

Create a "foreign" email address - @gmail, etc - and resend the exact email you sent them (minus anything about living in NZ) and see if they even notice! If they don't slam them for not caring about craft beer at all.

Or just do nothing, we all know that they are not a real craft brewery because they have no soul!

On Soul - just bought some IPA stokes beer  (kegs are empty:( ). Relative bitterness - but no aroma or soul - what are these companies thinking?? Do they really have any idea of the experience of a true nz craft IPA?

I aminterested in what Boundry roads offering will taste like (and the price point). When I'm at the supermarket and see that I can get a 6 pack of BR/Stoke beer for the same price as speights/et al. it makes me think that their beer is not really going to live up to a true craft beer which is twice the price (and worth it).

But is it better than Speights et al? Probably... We're not exactly the target market.

Yeah that's probably the better way to look at it, same price for (hopefully) better beer rather than less price for worst beer. Damn pesimist in me getting out too much!

Just try a bottle or two- then you'll know!  What's the worst that can happen- you have to off load it to unsuspecting guests?!  For my 2c- I think some of them are pretty good!- I have tried the Pils and Pale Ale; pils is a lot better IMO.  Sure, I would rather go and buy a six pack of Tuatara or Emersons, but to take a bit of beer to a BBQ or something- this is the ticket. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service