Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Dear All,

The SOBA National Howe Brew Competition has been announced and is to be judged at the home of many of the country’s best breweries, Christchurch. Ally McGilvary, Nathan Crabbe & James Pinamonti have gallantly stepped forward to organise the event this year.

Here is a summary of the pertinent dates and information:

• 1st - 21st October 2011 for receiving entries.
  • Judging to be held 29th - 30th October 2011.
  • Costs: $5 SOBA members, $10 non-members per entry.
  • Location: Christchurch (and we will do everything possible to ensure Mother Nature doesn’t shake the bottles up too much!)

To reduce the postal costs, the competition organisers will accept 1 bottle (minimum 330ml) per entry but this will be at the entrants own risk. Sending two bottles is your insurance policy and neither SOBA nor the organisers accept any liability for loss.

The attached press release contains the same information as this post.

Martin Bulmer

Press Officer, SOBA

Views: 3092

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice thoughts ralph... i think there were a few tidbits in your write up... :o)

I was pretty keen to see how the awards went and stumbled on some results while reading Ralph/Zane's blog on http://inzanebrew.wordpress.com/

Congrats to Ralph and the other winners.

Does anybody know when the no-hopers like us get our results?

Congrats also to the winners

From trawling through twitter to try and find out the same thing, it seems the results will be in pursuit of hoppiness which apparently came out today, somebody also mentioned they will be up online at some stage but Im not sure when or where. Super keen to find out how my beers did too.

Hey John. They had the envelopes with the results at the prize giving. I assume these will have been put in the post so you should see them in the next few days?

They are all up at the nhc website now. Thanks so much to the organisers and volunteers too !

Hi All,

Sorry about the delays and lack of information in the last couple of days / weeks. Alas real life has caught up on my ignorance over the period of the NHC!

The medal results are available on http://nhc.soba.org.nz/results.

Results (hard copy / certificates etc) will be sent out in the next couple of days. Just having to get the postage sorted (that is getting the pile of results to the post office, my number two priority in the morning after coffee.. to be honest).

PoH will have the big awards in it and a write up from Ally in regards to how the NHC went.

All in all after the results are posted I think I'll hibernate in my brewery for the summer... I have some work to do for next year's competition... namely get my brew schedule sorted, and try and win a bloody Gold!

Thanks for being involved in the competition and I hope you are all keen for next year!

Cheers

James

Well done James, Ally and Nathan for organising.  You're probably glad its all over!   Really happy I managed to get there, great pub Pomeroy's,  even better it's still standing.

Great to meet you folk briefly the other day. I don't usually babble like that, just gobsmacked to have won something! 

This link no longer seems to work...

They have updated the SOBA website. The address and probably the page that had this info is not longer there...

The Soba website is much more pretty now tho!!

http://soba.org.nz/

Unrelated I'm afraid. The NHC site is hosted externally to SOBA by Brendon McKenzie. I'll see if we can get it back long enough to archive the results elsewhere.

Unfortunately the server took a beating, and due to a fault is being rebuilt. Greig is attempting to get the information archived for future reference, however it will be closer to the end of the month before we have access to the backup.

We have copies of the results... When the results were available, we cut and paste them into a excel file so you could sort by different categories (eg. medal, name, etc.).  

Yes, indeed, being a geek can be useful... 

I've attached the file :o)

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service