Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going pretty simple. 100% Weyermann Premium Pilsner malt, emulating the DuPont Vieille Reserve in that respect. Aiming for a 28°C fermentation temperature and long secondary. Around 30-35 IBU... Gone for Wallonia water chemistry... quite high in carbonates and a decent dose of sulphates.

What happens to the beers brewed on the ePICO brewery? Do they get sold or are they just for Epic consumption? I'd love to try the manuka honey trippel without having to brew one my self.

We tend to sup them ourselves :) The Tripel is refermenting in bottle at the moment. Where do you live? If we're in the area, could bring one along to one of our tastings?

What are they like Kelly? I have 5kg of each and havnt used any of them, Was thinking Saison with them as well.

Got about 10 or so different trial varieties. This one is variety 99-38-29. 6.5% alpha. Huge amounts of both lemon peel and orange peel on the rub with an almost boysenberry cheesecake note when you sniff them in the bag itself. Think they'll do wonders in this baby!

Wicked!! I hope that profile translates into the beer as if that is the case it will be a wicked beer!!

Me too :) Even thinking a little 1-2 g/L dry hop wouldn't go astray...

Yeah if the hops are a working in the primary why not aye!!

Im thinking now I need to try it!! Yactotara and Epico swap?

Yeah bro!

Right, I have about 82% Pilsener, 12% Wheat, 6% Caramunich, for a 1.051 OG. 34IBU using Styrians and NZ Hallertau. Wondering if that malt bill is too complex now....

Nah, that looks sweet. There's not really a typical Saison grain bill, with some using things like fig juice or Demerara sugar for colour/flavour and others (like Saison de Silly) made by blending a dark ale with a pale brew. Du Bocq go for more malt driven Saisons... That bill will make a great beer!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service