Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm gradually getting all the bits and pieces together to build a single tier AG rig (similar to this).  Each time I get paid I'm making an effort to buy one or two more pieces in the hope I can be up and running before summer.

I'm looking for a good supplier for SS fittings, ideally in Wellington, but that's not a deal breaker.  I plan to place a reasonably sizeable order too, so a willingness to negotiate on price will definitely help me make a decision.

I've found a US supplier (bargainfittings.com) with several kits made up which are exactly what I'm after, but surely I can find a good supplier closer to home - I'll definitely consider an Aussie supplier too because I'm over there often.

I've listed some of the parts I'm after with links to images.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Views: 8236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have sent an order to CT for milled grain, I can no longer stand not brewing, going to gerry rig some sort of BIAB contraption in the galley and produce a couple of 15 lt batches, and ferment it in a broken down Bakbar oven clandelstine

Cheers Evan, your advice (to others) has been very useful. 

I went into Anzor yesterday and picked up most of what I need, though they didn't seem to have appropriate washers for the bulkheads - though I might have been asking the wrong questions.

Do you happen to know (or know how to find out) the dimensions of the seals in the camlock fittings? I'm hoping to pick some up from INZ but I'm currently in Christchurch and thought I'd try to pick up the replacement seals while I'm in a city with a Para shop (Wellington doesn't have one).

Food grade rubber washers (for the bulkheads)... Are they available in any normal retail outlet in NZ? Is "white nitrile" what I'm looking for?

Thanks again,

Tim

Hi Tim hope I am not too late in reply and that you are still in Chch, you have two options, take a b/head with you to Para rubber or aternatively go to Seal imports and get them to supply silicone O rings 3.2mm thick i.e 1/8" thick, they will be red in colour and fit in behind the washers I am sure you brought. Neither Anzor or INZ will assist with washers, and if Para cant stamp out nitrile FG washers in ChCh then ring Seal Imports tell them you require stamped silicone washers and they will put you on to another co. in ChCh that definitely stamps them out, as a last resort ring Sam at FPS on 03 548 4850, tell him my name and ask him the Co. in Ch Ch that stamps out silicone sheeting( Sam used to be the GURU at seal Imports) hope this helps

These guys will stamp food grade nitrile in whatever size you need. They have a minimum spend (about $20 from memory) so you might end up with enough washers to last you a long time! http://www.christchurchgaskets.co.nz/

Thanks guys. I'm here for a few more days so will sort something out next week.

If you end up with too many washers I am happy to go halves on the cost.  Just let me know what sizes and I will size my new stuff appropriately.  I was looking to go 1/2 or 3/4".  Either works for me.

I'll let let you know how it goes. I'm doing everything i can in ½".

For anyone interested, these guys publish a list of dimensions for the camlock gaskets.

http://www.row-inc.com/gaskets.html

Hi Tim, if you do go ahead with the washers then I'm also keen to split the purchase and cost with you, assuming you have enough..

Cheers

Brett

Is there any chance you already have camlocks and some calipers? If so, you could measure one of the original seals and confirm the measurements from the link above (outside diameter 26mm, inside diameter 17mm, thickness 4mm).

I'm still ordering mine, so I don't have a physical item to compare.

If I get them I'll get plenty and can flick them on to people.

I've just measured mine and those dimensions are right.  (OD 26mm, ID 17mm, T 4mm).  Evan sorted mine out for me, and they are slightly smaller (~1mm) and they still seal well.  I've attached a pic for shits and giggles.

Count me in for about a dozen too - I'd like to get some spares while the going is good, especially if we can save some money by buying in bulk.

(replied to the wrong comment because we seem to be at the thread limit and I can't comment on the right one.)

Attachments:

Cheers.

Which dimension is smaller? Thinner?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service