Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And its all thanks to me.....

Thanks Martin.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

bider? Ceer?

I have done a fair wack of beer and a bit of cider but I never considered mixing the two...

Smells like a snakebite to me.....

Got me an Smoked Chipoltle and Chocolate Amber planned for next weekend and a just a plain old IIPA planned for this weekend, IIPA's are so boring!!!!!

I'll add the raspberry cordial later...

Hahaha, will be intresting!!!!

A(pp)le

;-)

Just finished the Imperial IPA, had a mere mashed in than started to weigh out hops, Didnt have as much Simcoe and Citra as I thought!! So had to sub them @ 10 

86% Gladfield Lager

8% Caramalt

6% Dextrose

68 Degree mash

30Ibu Nelson Sauvin FWH

3g/L Centennial @ 30

2g/L each Galaxy Nelson Sauvin @ 10

1g/L Zythos @ 10

2.5g/L Simcoe @ 0, Dryhop

2g/L Citra @ 0, Dryhop

1g/L Zythos @ 0, Dryhop  

1083 - 1.014 9% abv

100Ibu

US05

100 Ca 10 Mg 220 S04 80 Cl

Interesting Mike. What do you reckon to the Zythos blend - is it a long term proposition or a short term fix until the new acreages get productive ?

I have only used it in a blonde ale, along with Simcoe and Citra so it has been in pretty good company, and is one of the best beers I have brewed!! So when I normally brew wicked beers I do wicked fuck ups, like this one jamming the keg tap in the door of the fridge only to empty the whole keg onto my garage floor, bye bye blonde ale.

Zythos in the beer came across like a good C hops and im thinking a little sherbety citrus. Im pretty happy with it thus far I have to be I got a Ton of it!!

It's nearly two months since I brewed. I think the last one was the Analogue pale Ale - a 1033 version of Yeastieboys Digital IPA - and in keeping with my old non digital thermometer

So today, in keeping with the theme, I have my MPA, Mechanical Pale Ale

85% Golden Promise

15% Caramalt

Sauvin to bitter and then Pacifica & Motueka at 15 10 5 & 0

With '05

Nice timer.  Does it go all the way to 45min?

Some people will be cringing to see you using Sauvin for bitterring.  Not me though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service