Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Analogue Pale, dirty pint at the end of the fermenter after I'd kegged it.
Great hops, weak malt. Shouldn't have messed with it, I'll learn one day ...

That reminds me of a Tui billboard jt.... :)

LOL... great name

Yea, I'll get round to buying a Digital one day ... the beer and a thermometer

Just been over in Melbourne, and spent waaaay too much money drinking at Josie Bones, this ridiculously amazing beer bar on Smith Street.

This beer was brewed with a new unnamed tasmanian hop. Super amounts of mango. Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on some in the future!

Yeastie dessert!

Did you try the dessert? I've heard great things about it... hoping they still have it on when I'm over in May.

Yeah dude, it was amazing!

I found Dogfish Head's 60 and 90 IPA's at New World Thorndon, so I picked a couple up. I tried the 90, and it's great! Completely unexpected hop flavour - less bitter, way more aroma/flavour.

Townshend Three piece wheat at Hashigo.

Always a lovely drop, probably the closest NZ wheat beer to the Waldhaus weisse.

Very gutted I was too broke this week to do the Martin Townshend tasting evening on Tuesday..... would have been a fun night.

The dirty first pint of a keg of digital IPA clone. It's a good thing I'm going away for two weeks otherwise this would have an embarrassingly short shelf life. My brutalised 8th gen 1278 seems to have done the trick alright and will finally be put to rest, although I was pretty worried about it for a while. The Biggest of Ups to the Yeastie Boys for releasing the recipe. Seem a touch more bitter than the real thing? Might be all the hops floating in it...

I just kegged mine today, the hydro sample tasted amazing.

Seems to be a bit of dirty drinking going on, dirty first of my 1033 attempt too, warm and flat, quite subdued.

Then yesterday a sticky black half of the North Welly RIS, left over from bottling.

I'm way out of practice bottling and I probably had another stubbies worth in the slops bucket

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service