Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a nice looking recipe, but I ended up using info on the 8 wired website, which is a bit mixed. Subbed  Rakau for Jade/Pacifica/Cascade, dunno if it will be anything like it but I threw in a fair amount late in the boil to try and get some aroma.

Just saw this now, how did it end up? Everything looks pretty good but to get it like rewired I think you really need to use the cascade/pacifica combo. I use a pinch of CaCO3 and also a larger amount of gypsum and CaCl. How did it work with rakau?

Hey Soren, the Rakau experiment wasn't really a success, it's an unusual hop with strong stone fruit flavours. It's tasting a bit like a brown apricot fruit beer at the moment! The malts taste ok, but the overall effect is nothing like Rewired. Pity.

Heavy Weather Heavy Ale

97% Golden Promise

0.5% Wheat

1.0% Crystal 250 

1.5% Pale Chocolate

Mash 60min at 67c

2 hour boil

IBU 20, NZ Styrian 7.2%aa (0.7g/L at 15min with 'Super Moss' and 0.6g/L at 60min)

OG 1.060

Fermenting now with a big dose of 2nd generation Wyeast European Ale at 18c.

Planning to lager for a 3 months so it's a nice late summer / early autumn amber ale.

Havnt brewed since July so I thought it was time to fire up the Kettle!!

Blonde Bitch

40% Gladfield Pilsner

40% Golden Promise

20% White Wheat Malt

12Ibu FWH Simcoe

1g/l @ 10 Simcoe Citra Riwaka

1.25g/l @ 0 Simcoe Citra

1g/l @ 0 Riwaka

1.052 - 1.010 abv 5.5%

35Ibu

Kolsch Ale Yeast @ 15 Degrees

Just brewed a half-batch (9.5 L) of Mash Up. Didn't alter the water chemistry and forgot the finings, otherwise as per the recipe.

Cool! Let me know how it goes and what it tastes like when done.

Just a quick Best Bitter based on a case-swap recipe from Hamish from a while back:

Haishish - Best Bitter

3.8kg Maris Otter

210g Crystal 120L

100g Brown

Mashed at 67 degrees

20g Target @ 60

15g Northdown @ 30

20g Fuggles @ 0

Yeast is 1469 West Yorkshire Ale

Cheers,

Martin

Spent way too long in the water today surfing so no work for me tomorrow, I look like the cooked crayfish currently sitting in my fridge , If I'm up to it will put a brew down for the WBC

tAP dAT Blonde

77 % GP

20 % Wheat

3 % Pale Crystal

10 g SC @60

15g SC @10

2nd Gen Notts @ 18

22 IBU

OG 1046

Does anybody on here remember when I placed a post to the tune of "We will be running out of Nelson Sauvin soon"?

Well people... the day hath come.

Get it while you can - there wont be any more available until March next year.

Just a little heads up for y'all.

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Hard times upon us. I hope you still have some for that order i put through last night!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service