Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for his beer take home pack I'd recommend any of the following;

C!tra

Nota Bene

Mikes IIPA

brewacracy bean counter

thee boys oyster stout (even though I hate green bottles)

Cassel & sons Dunkel

Emersons bookbinder

Hallertau maximus lupus

Hopwired

Bigsmoke

in fact almost anything by 8wired!

Pot kettle black

Stanley green

Croucher Patriot

Deep creek dusty gringo

Mikes/Liberty's Taranaki Pale Ale

Just finishing off a bottle of Red zone enigma barley wine. :o)

Working my way across a couple of draft beers from my NYC hotel over lunch - Hennepin Farmhouse Saison, Porkslap Pale Ale, and Southern Tier IPA. Added to my haul from Ireland (O'Hara Irish Stout, Dungarvan Block Rock Irish Stout, Harviestoun Ola Dubh) and non-existent haul from France, I can't complain.

I LIKE that Hennepin.  It is delicious, and at Regionals if you took a fancy to it.

Had a bit of session on the homebrew selection last night with a fellow brewer.

Started with the very nice, summer Rye Not - rye beer, moved on to the last remaining bottles of my Californian Common, then K&Ns IPA, had a few Robust Porters and finished the night with a couple 8% Dobble-Brocks. Nice

I have a couple bottle to clean this morning but I now have enough to put another brew down, the sacrifices I make for Homebrewing.

Tonight had a homebrew Robust Porter and a sample of a IPA , DH with NS & kohatu that i just bottled .

Just had a Yeastie Boys Digital IPA, great, great beer! So well balanced. Personally, I'm a bit sick of the standard baring American hopped monsters we're bombarded with. Beers like this (and Hopwired etc) bar me up.

Had both of Dale's beer last night...A release at the Hop Garden.  It was not well publicised which meant lots of tasty snacks for those of us who were there.

We had the Belgium Pale Ale with some pork belly with apple and corn puree.  Both were very tasty.  The beer could have done with a bit more carbonation to help round out the sweeter malts but I was happily drinking it.

Also the American Amber Ale (with a spicy chorizo ball).  This was robust and hoppy.  Lovely colour, good, clean aroma and lovely hop finish on the palate.  Again, could do with more carbonation but I think this beer will be a HUGE hit.

Awesome job Dale.  Loved them both.

Yes Dale was doing an in store tasting earlier at Regional's, loved both his beer, I like a flatter beer so had no problems with the carbonation levels, and I grabbed a 1.15 rigger of the Amber ale to take home.

Someone needs to talk Dale into doing a beer for next years Marchfest I recon! :-D

both beers were much higher in carbonation out of the cool room at Regional the next day.

I think they are both really good.

Somewhat surprisingly for me Belgium Pale Ale was way more popular with the public. Nice surprise.

Had a fantastic weekend in Wellington and some scummy beers, Dales Amber, 8wired Haywired and Black Dwarf, Townshend Bandsmans Cornet, and some mainstays from Emmerson's and Tuatara. Dales Amber was great, nice crowd pleaser, clean, tasted pretty balanced.

Haywired - I deeply regret not buying more of this. Stole as much of SWMBO's pint as I could. Hopefully some makes it north of the Bombays? Black dwarf - Hell yeah. I need to brew something like this. Love it. bought it by the pint, and then the following day by the rigger and deeply enjoyed as much of it as I was able to keep for myself without looking like a stingy bastard. Love your work Soren :)

Bandsman - Really great session beer. I hear that the recipe has changed to boost up the hops? It was just lovely. Smells of chrysanthemum and lemon zest. I could sink those all day.

It's lucky I'm only down every couple of weeks or I'd be bankrupt and about 20kg heavier.

Wow that's a terrible typo. Should have been *scrummy*, I'm an idiot. Sorry if I just offended anyone!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service