Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been a bit disappointed by this years southern clam stout to be honest, the Nøgne is pretty fantastic though.... If you like the Imperial you should try the sunturn brew!!!

I polished of my bottle of RIS a long while back and enjoyed it very much back then so I can imagine....

Should have been more patient!

Edit ***This comment was supposed to be under Matt & Jts Comments***

I know that you have the patience to lager for a few months - how would you cope with 18 months ?

I'd be a shocker, i know that

I'm interested in doing one of these sometime, have to see how the numbers sack up in the pots & pans but I think it's a job for the new year

I dont think I could do 18 months.

I would probably have to store it at your place!

Maybe we should consider doing one as a North Welly collaborative brew?

You don't have to save them all for 18 months. That one I tended to drink in 3 month blocks. Tried a few early while fresh and then just a bottle now and again every few months. It was interesting to see how it changed over that time.

I would probably have to store it at your place!

Oh yea, I could give you regular updates on the flavour as it changes :-))))) 

collaborative brew

What's the biggest brew length we can do - to split a batch 3 or 4 ways and it still be worthwhile ?

Given the keggles and size of pots between us it's how much can we get in the fermenters! Double batch 40L should be doable but have any of us brewed that quantity before? 

And of course the age ol' question: What to brew? ;-)

What would you do, boil & chill then split into individual fermenters to take away ?

takeaway RIS - would you like fries with that ?

*edit* you're right, with the equipment there is, it's probably possible to do two batches side by side ? Are mash tuns the only limiting piece of equipment ?

That would make sense. BYO choice of yeast?

If 232 Brewing still have the supersize chillibin tun ?

I have BBH 75 litre kettle that I do double batches in.

"Takeaway RIS" thats the name sorted....hehe

Double batch RIS that would make for an impressive grain bill - might even fill the hopper on my mill....

That's not the sort of beer you'd pop into a 1.25 litre PET is it - I'd better start buying some beer and build up a stock of more appropriate bottles ....
So in the quest for more appropriate bottles I've started off with a Booky and I've got the Southern Clam Stout for tonight.
For the sake of consistency, looks like I'll be drinking a few Emersons. Possibly not the most elegant of bottles for an RIS ? Dont think I'll notice though ....

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service