Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anybody tried that brewcraft no rinse sanitizer? I can't get starsan anywhere so im looking for a good alternative. Preferably no rinse like starsan. It just looks like it saves alot of time and hassle.

Thanks

Views: 4720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Like I said , ask a different brewer and you will get a different answer.

:-)

Hahaha that is true
Sweet as mate - I hope it works for ya.
Anyone out there using Proxitane? Looks like I might be able to get hold of it in small quantity for my brew sanitation.

I am just pleased to see some others admit that they use Iodophor. I have always used it an the only complaint is that it does stain plastic. When I took my microbiology lab at uni, one of the strongest memories I have is an experiment we did comparing different antibiotics with iodine and a couple other basic cleansers. Iodine won hands down as the most effective at killing bugs. My favorite part about iodophor is that it is no rinse. I bought mine from the vet. I got a 500 ml bottle for $5 as they no longer use it. It will last me ages.

To the person who was using steam as a sterilizer - it is effective against many things and will likely result in good beer if your yeast is strong and healthy. But is your equipment sterile? No. 

That's interesting about the microbiology lab test results.  

I've used Iodophor successfully in the past too but I couldn't bring myself to "no rinse" and rinsed my plastic fermenter with boiling water from the kitchen jug.  Worked well and the rinse only took about 60 seconds which is negligible in a 5 hour brew session.

There are a few silver products out there at the moment to.....................

Was in Brewers(') Coop yesterday and they have a pallet of StarSan on order, expected here in 6ish weeks.
That is GREAT news!! Good work boys!

Sweet! I just purchased some

Thanks for the heads up!  Went straight there and bought the big size star san, couple of PBWs and picked up some Wyeast while I was at it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service