Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ginger?
Yeah it had to me a strong ginger and citrus taste.
Citrus yeah, ginger from the Wit yeast I geuss.
Most likely. I've always picked up a gingery taste in TB Wheat and I know Ralph doesn't use any.

A visit to Rotorua last week saw my first taste of Croucher beers from the source. I had a chance to talk and work through the beer list with Paul sharing honest appraisals of his own and guest beers - thanks to him for being a fine host and barman.  A visit to Brew was definitely an experience worth waiting for!  My only regret is that it'll be a while before I visit again - and that the casual setting, fine craic, simple hearty food and excellent selection of fresh beers are not my local.  I envy those Rotaruans that can get down there any night of the week.

Pick of the bunch for me was the Croucher Pale on hand pump, Riwaka dry hopped this was a revelation for me - pouring over with fruit aroma and a hint of grassiness, bloody fantastic.  But this isn't to take anything away from the superb standard of the Pilsner, lightly roasty, rich, fruity Mother's Milk, and the commanding flavours of Patriot.  The Belgian Blonde wasn't quite to my taste but I s'pose you can't have everything. By the number of people dropping through for one or settling in for a session while I was there they've definitely got a loyal local clientele. Looking forward to my next visit.

I am in Austin, Texas for the week, so I have been trying the local beers. Unlike Miami, Austin has a very vibrant brewing scene.

Independent Brewing Co. Stash IPA - Not the best, but damn good considering that one can buy this beer at the local petrol station! A decent citrus aroma, and pleasantly balanced. Overall, a good beer.

512 Double IPA - This beast comes in over 9%, and it is delicious very fragrant, a mix on pine and citrus. I am guessing a cascade dry hop.

Uncle Billy's Hop Zombie - I got this at one of the many local brew pub restaurants. A very good beer, but not quite as good as Epic's Hop Zombie.

BJC Piranha - Disappointing for an IPA. This is made by contract and served in a brewpubs restaurant chain.

Lath iras IPA - Wow! Lovely!
Lath iras is supposed to be Lagunita IPa. Darn predictive text!

I just had another...Bear Republic Racer 5. I love this beer! It is not overpowering, which I normally lean towards, but it is delicious, true to style, and has a lovely aroma. This will be one of my top ten beers.

Yum, yeah Racer 5 is just so beautifully balanced!!

Damn Michael, Im jelous of that tasting session - Awesome!!

Russian River Supplication... really fantastic sour beer but at $35 for a 375ml bottle it's a one-off birthday sort of beer.  You can get 6 330ml Rodenbach Grand Cru or a 750ml Rodenbach Vintage 2007 for the same price andthere is no way I'd rate this beer higher.

Thanks Beerstore for bringing them down though, even if they are "grey". It saved me an airfare to San Francisco.

Delicious beer...well balanced with not too much of that salty sour that can overwhelm sometimes.  Thanks for sharing.  We had the Stone Smoked Porter last night.  Surprisingly good; I am not a fan of smoked beer but this was subtle with a good hop character balancing it out.
MMMM....Rodenbach Grand Cru
Ring work bro they might be able to sort something

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service