Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ladies and Gentlemen start your burners! Entries are now open for the 2008 SOBA National HomeBrew Championship. Entries will close on 31 July 2008. Judging will be done during August and results announced at the SOBA HomeBrewFest, which this year will be during the BrewNZ week - first week of September.

For entry forms and more information please see www.soba.org.nz

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One more question - what the hell would I enter that horopito/kawakawa bush witbier under Rob? I'm guessing the use of bits of native bush in your beer probably throws you into some kind of "other" category?
specialty - make sure you talk about the base beer, as stated in the guidelines.
So the deadline is 19 September, roughly how long after that will the beers be judged? Aiming for optimal conditioning time :-) Cheers.
Judging will take place the following weekend. Cheers.
Are the NZ Styles included in the judging the same as all of the BJCP styles or should an NZ style be entered under the closest BJCP style?
There's additional style guidelines for NZ styles here. I think that's what you're after.
I tried the NHC Bock out at Hallertau the other day, unfortunately I'd just had the Armageddon so my palate was rather off kilter, still seemed pretty palatable.

Should be some good sampling in Wellington over the next few days.
lucky bastards
Lucky bastards indeed.
So the bock is currently on tap Mike? How long do you reckon it will last?
Don't think it was on tap, there was a Perri (Pear Cider) and they were using the other tap to fill bottles with MHL for a BrewNZ promo. I was just lucky. Think the MHL & Armageddon will be going on soon.
So what's everyone entering?

Thought it would be interesting to see what people are gonna enter. Might even help out the officials with a heads up of whats coming. Don't be shy...

I'll get the ball rolling.

All Grain:
- Robust Porter
- Irish Red Ale
- American Wheat
... and hopefully a NZ Pils

Kit:
- Brown Ale using a Macs kit.
I originally bottled a six pack each of NZPA and APA quite a while ago for the comp before the date was changed. Two for a taste-test before sending, two for the comp and two to taste on the day the judges taste. It will depend on if they stack up on tasting before sending whether I enter them or not.

I've got an English IPA kegged at the moment that I may enter. I've also got an American Amber and Blonde Ale in secondary and a Hefe in the primary that I may enter.

I'll try and enter at least two beers, all in the all-grain catagory, just depends what's good at the time of sending.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service