Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last night I had a Mönchschof Landbier from Barvaria.

Interesting brew, a pity it was past its expiry date (feb 1011) I'd like to try a fresher bottle of this as it was very tasty..... Will have to add them to my list of breweries to visit next year when I head back up there.

Attachments:

Had a bloody good night last night at HZ , got stuck into the M!llers Humulus and Lupulus, out of the two i really enjoyed the Lupulus and look forward to more.. bloody good beer .Had a glass of Hopsickle (can't remember who made it)  jaw breaking bitterness wow and the finish went for so long that i still don't think i will be getting a good night kiss from my lovely wife tonight .

Last beer for the night and keeping to my drinking Tradition ending on a Dark... Batch 18. quick snack at Abrakebabra and a rush for the 1020,  night was a ton of laughs , Tonight Epic Armageddon & Youngs Double Chocolate Stout go the Warriors

whats this 'Hopsickle' you speak of? Sounds mad
It's from Moylan's (Novato, California). A shipment recently arrived at Hashigo Zake.

Went to a 90th Birthday lunch today (no, not mine) at the Whalfside in Mapua and had an Emerson's Pilsner. Haven't had one for a while and man, it tasted great! Perfect with the delicious Pork Belly I had.

I might finally get round to brewing something with the Riwaka I have in the freezer.

Awesome lunch at Logan Brown last Friday - they've got a fantastic beer list and the food is divine.

I went specifically to try their "PKB Braised Lamb Shoulder", which they were doing for Wellington on a Plate. It was even better than I'd hoped. I matched with Croucher Patriot, which was tasting lovely. Had a wee sample of 8 Wired Sultan with dessert and loved its dry, spicy finish.

and I didn't even mention the entree: Martinborough sauvignon blanc vine-smoked salmon with horseradish panna cotta and caper salsa.... or the dessert: Waikanae limoncello custard with almond sable.

Both frackin' phenomenal.

that horseradish pannacotta is fantastic

Drinking  - coffee - at work
But I like the Look of Lady Marmalade - I'm a sucker for marmalade but I just can't do it at home
So hopefully it's still on at the Malty on Saturday and I can scratch two itches, a trip to the new brew shop in Newtown and a stop in town for a pint

cheers, jt

Big Day Out - nah, jt's small afternoon outing
I picked up Chris in Porirua, called into Matthews to pick up the mill and just missed the last of the clean up from his brew day
We came away with a real treat, a bottle of the last batch of porter - cheers chap

Had a squizz at the new shop in Newtown, really nice change to go shopping (well just browsing) and see the beer related goodies in real life, not on just the screen
Then off to the Malthouse.
The much anticipated Lady Marmalade. Nice beer chaps, always good to try your beer, but my interpretation of marmalade must be different or I was expecting more of it. I got a darkish marmalade hint when warmer.
So just being a small afternoon out, not a big day, tried the Tuatara APA on handpull, recommended by Matthew from his visit on Friday.
Matthew's other tip was Little Beer Quarter for the Weemix - but that'll have to wait for another day out - if it's still available
had the weemix on hand pull @ hashigo last week, really nice session beer :-)
Cheers Dave - I've not tried it on handpump (besides the 100ml serves at Beervana, which don't really count for a beer that low in ABV).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service