Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

This is quite amazing. See attached file (you may need to download it and open it with Adobe Reader)

The sooner this lunacy is challenged and defeated the better!

Views: 2443

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't bother debating with someone who uses the phrase "right wing libertarian". Contradiction in terms there Simon.
I think fascist is the correct term?

Another one with zero knowledge of what he's talking about it seems. ;P

Libertarians are the absolute antithesis of fascism in that they believe the initiation of force is wrong. Fascism relies on force. As does most right wing (and left wing) political policy.

Read and research a bit. You'll get it. ;P

While I'm sure we would have a great debate on how we interpret vague political labels... I was talking more about those 'where do you sit on the political spectrum' type graphs like on your blog page. We score the same on the libertarian scale on those, but I'm hard left where you're hard right.

The Ombudsman's office can't investigate anything that has a 'Right of Appeal', which encompasses Trademark disputes, I believe...

Ofcourse I could be completely wrong, IANAL etc.

Probably the crappest organisation i give my money to is the incredibly pointless brewers Guild Of NZ. What exactly does it do?

For me, beer education starts at the point of sale. 

So,

One way of making me feel better about throwing my money away would be for the Guild to do two of the following things:

1. Ban any brewery from being a guild member, or affiliate member if they have taken it upon themselves to copyright a beer style. 

2. Stop any brewery from entering an awards category with a beer that contradicts what it says on the label. (eg, Tui IPA entering the NZ draught cat.)

Bring it on

I'd second that - if I had the option.

Agreed.

Maybe we could get some comment from an exec member of the guild to comment here, before the AGM. 

As I have asked for the topic of "what does the guild do for it's members" to be discussed at the AGM.

My understanding was Beervana was going to be the Guilds cash cow to fund other activities, cause $100 member ship from 50 breweries doesn't cover much.

Might pay to start a new thread? ;)
Who sold the Cash Cow? Typical kiwi move, sell The Bank,La Golden Kiwi,The Breweries, and then the last of the Worthwhile Infrastructure. And then the Cash Cow. Makes the Guild pretty useless when compared to the angry ferret that is S.O.B.A.!

I thought it was an excellent idea for the Guild to sell Beervana (hence the reason we voted for it). It is far too much for a committee to run.  they had no time for anything else at all.

I'm sure it'll be less than perfect this year but I'm doing my best to help it be as good as it can.  I just hope the weather is nice because that stadium looks a long long way away in bad weather,

BrewNZ... now that could be a good little cash cow if it is run well.

anyone know how many breweries are there this year?i'm led to believe its not a very attractive package for the breweries this year.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service