Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

A couple of friends and I have been talking about how it would be interesting to see how good a beer people can come up with in the 3% range. We've decided to give it a go and invite any of you who might be interested to try your hand at it and bring it along so we can all try it out. No formal judging is planned at this stage, just crowd-sourced honest opinions.

• No particular style just so long as it's under 4%
  • Bring a plate of nibbles. Extra nice nibbles if you're only coming to taste
  • Saturday June 11th from midday
  • 34a Potter Avenue, Northcote on Auckland's snazzy North Shore
  • 021 55 09 58 if you get lost
  • RSVP here

Views: 677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We've figured out a method for judging which will involve anyone and everyone. I managed to score a whole bunch of tasting glasses but if you have jugs, bring them along as it will help people to pour their own beers especially for any that might be bottle conditioned.

And remember; you don't have to have an entry to participate.

There has to be a "jugs, eh? nudge nudge wink wink" gag in there somewhere.
Yep, bring a couple of lovely jugs each. (moobies don't count)
Looking forward! +2
So is there an entry protocol to go along with the judging protocol? I was just planning on bringing Some Beer in whatever container I could rustle up on Saturday morning.
Ideally unlabelled bottles or, even better, a jug as well that Sal can decant them into. I'd like people to be able to judge free from the massive pressure of the hype that some of us (nudge, nudge) tend to apply prior to some beer events ;p
You could try do an "Initial D" Martin - fill up a jug of beer, place said jug in cars cup holder, and then drift all the way to Damian's without spilling a drop haha
And you only get the bonus points once you upload the video to youtube.

Bugger, forgot on Friday night that I am going to be in Wellington this weekend. So I'm going to miss out! Will have to plan the fairy bread for another occasion...

Enjoy the Session

Alright, any of the newmarket / remuera / meadowbank / ellerslie crew coming along? I'm keen to sort out driving together to minimise sobriety. Although, I hear that certain people are already lighting the torches and sharpening pitchforks over a certain trademe auction for beer tap towers, so you might not want to be in a car with a marked man :)
I've given Sal instructions to lace your entry with liquefied blue cheese and potato juice. A belly full of 3.5% ale will be all that is needed to turn an amiable crowd into a howling lynch mob.

Oh yeah - Im gonna be stuck at work guys so won't be able to make it :o(

What times it going to?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service