Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

After using the (Barley Crusher maltmill) for over a year trouble free, the last 2 millings halfway through have stopped milling and the roller just spins, applied pressure to the grain made no difference, only after tipping out the unmilled grain and returning to the mill would it work again, I cant understand why!
Any thoughts?

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got a grain caught somewhere - oiled the bearings ?
Yeah, siezed bearings would be my guess.
Dunno, oiled the bearings, the bearings aren't seized, they spin fine!
Alright!
Ive been reading around and people do get this grain float problem from time to time, especially after adjusting the rollers from factory settings, which ive done!,
I narrowed it slightly to get a better crush so this must be the cause, i,d rather get the crush I want and put up with this, there seems to be an easier solution than tipping the grain out then back in again, by lifting the mill and turning the idle roller by hand a little and its off again! will try this next time.
I've had this problem when I chuck the grain in and it bridges above the rollers. Give it a tap on the hopper and it should be away again.
Its happened to me, it was the rollers sliping. I little on the spot screw adjustment fixed it.
Happens to me occasionally, reach underneath and help it along. I call this technique the "reach-around".
Talking about grain mills, I saw the famed Marga Mill at House Of Knives in Petone.

At a very uncool $160 it's not the cheap option like they seem to be in Aussie
Jt a bc or so be a good mill to get i seen the marga in action it ok but it not designed to mill grain
I LOVE mY bC

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service