Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's nice, but not as good as the summer original - bigger crystal malt bill I think, amber in colour. One could argue that it is more 'balanced', but at under 4% who needs that? Still yum.

I would say that sub 4% is where ballance is at its most important!

It's so easy to lose the ballance and end up with hop juice or thin insipid beer if you dont nail your malt profile.

Richard Emerson's 3% Mild that has been pouring at Albar being a case in point. So much flavour and so much body at such a low gravity.

Yeah its their base malt. its the key I reacon. 
Do you know what their base malt is?
I got a fair idea.

Same malt that a certain ESB has used.

Richard has hinted at anouther secret to its success.

How did it taste with it that base malt? I imagine it to be pretty good.
Trial batch tasted great, wort tasted promising. I'm pretty pleased with it.
Hmmm, wish I knew where to find the hints towards the malts and other secrets that make that such a superb beer. I would very much like to be able to brew something close to that at home!
That Mild is AMAZING
I was being a little facetious. Context-less internet.

Yeh, we had that mild (or a similar one) when down in Dunedin a few months back. A real shame we don't see it up this way. But at least we have daily access to the Townshend brews to make up for it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service