Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately not.

That was such fun - probably the closest I'll get to being a rock star.

Are you going over for the Tap NZ gig?

yep... pop into Sydney on the way. We'll have a pizza and a pint for you at Mountain Goat.
Cheers mate
Ok, all weighed out, mill tomorrow and brew Sunday, 732  -  another 'lil darkie
86% Malteurop
9% dark crystal
5% Choccies (as I'm feeling Easter'ish)
And  a handful of Black
Super Alpha to bitter then additions of cascade and Sauvin at 15 10 5 1 for 38 IBU
Pretty much a repeat brew but using the cacscade cones instead of pellets - new experience

Target is 1033 and I've got a plan to brew a series of these with ever decreasing amounts of pale.
I'll drop the bill by 100gm each brew until I reach an unacceptable result .. not sure where it'll end up, guessing about 1030

Hi JT,

What's the combo of Cascase and Savin like?  I'm thinking about using it for an american amber.

Thanks

Andy

Well i like it - but it's always a matter of personal taste. I've gone 2:1 Cascade:Sauvin

I'd gone off Sauvin until recently and was worried about overdoing it - but it's not as dominant as I'd worried, possibly due to a reasonable percentage of choccie

hallertau or pacifica with Sauvin is good too. Or Sauvin to bitter with any combo of hallertau / cascade / motueka later ... too many bloody choices !

oh and I've had this thought tucked away for sometime, quote from Yeastie Stu

'I've been using 1/3 each: Sauvin, Motueka, Pacifica. It's the closest I've got to getting a good NZ Amber Ale..'

2009 crop, if you can get them!!

2009 crop, if you can get them!!

~Yea, so which hop was that Stu - or all of them ?

Mot.
Hmmmm .. the last of my 2009 bag went in the Holiday Pale as a dry hop the other week

You've tried Sutton Hoo? Good combo of those in there.

Masho !

Another Lil' Darkie this morning. Loved the 1033 & 1032 versions so it's a repeat (without the cones)

Same grainbill but the hops at 20 10 & 1 in a moment of laziness

1032 & 38 IBU

Haven't had the nerve to take the recipe lower than 1032, why mess too much with something that you'rehappy with ?

Missed the strike temp terribly, probably this bloody southerly

Should be the quaffing beer for Brother Bob's return from Abu Dhabi in July

cheers, jt

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service