Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We did a trip along the Waterfall Way last November. First ever time I'd seen the Wollomombi Falls. Spectacular country up there.

Just finished brewing an ordinary bitter, inspired by recipes from Barry and Haish.

3.5kg Bairds Golden Promise

200g pale crystal

100g amber malt

SO4 yeast

35g styrians (from Celila, 4.0%) @60

30g styrians @20

will dry hop too - reckon 35g is OTT? That's what I have left.

Not sure about the IBUs because my Mac crashed and I havent set up my Windows emulator to run any software yet.

Final volume was 21.5L, O.G. 1.040

Got better efficiency with a new method - I brew BIAB and I usually dunk sparge, but today I just used more water and mashed in my kettle, then heated it up to mashout and added a few more litres of 75degC water to make up my full preboil volume. I'm working pretty hard at the moment so I need some beer that isn't going to get me too boozed.

I get about 30 IBU for your recipe. I would use up your remaining 35g as a dry hop. Looks delicious!
Thanks for the calc haish

Sounds nice! I've got an ordinary bitter on the go at the moment too - God I love that stuff! Save a couple of bottles for June and bring them along to the Limbo Beer Comp.

I might just do that, thanks Damian

Looks nice James. Or should I call you Tony "crazy eyes" Dixon.

I do love a good simple cooking bitter. Save the S04 from this one and pitch it into the next, I reckon it's tastiest around generation 3.

That was the plan. Although something fishy is going on. The pack I rehydrated and pitched didn't take. I sprinkled another one on this morning and it isn't doing a lot either. Hopefully I didn't inadvertently make some kind of toxic wort.

Champion Dark ale emerging from the scrummage at the Mussel Inn!

Good job there’s no ‘s’ on the end of that or there’d be some ® problems I’m sure

Nice!

Are you heading to Melbourne this year?  I might need help trashing a hotel room...

Are you heading to Melbourne this year?

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, not this year Stu - but you have  a ride on a tram for me, ding ding !

cheers, cheeky jt

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service