Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

If you find a new bar in Auckland with some craft beer, tell us about it. I just dropped some Croucher off to the new Corner Bar on High St. They are running a pure craft range, no Steiniken or Heinlager! That part of town is getting pretty good now with Mezze, O' Carrol's , My Bar. Almost enough for a decent crawl.

Views: 1282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Raffe... that sounds more like Sheffield: Sex City.
Heh, but not quite so Jarvis-chic.  But then it was in Reading. It's a Coldplay sort of town. And yes, I know Mike Oldfield came from there.

Awesome, literally across the road from my office!

Man I hate the threading on this site.
I see 4 martin bobble heads!

Back in the halcyon days of the Eighties the De Bretts Corner Bar was one of the best outlets for beer in central Auckland, Newbigin Breweries (Silver Fern & Old Thumper) Stockan Lager and Ale, Coopers loads of good imports. Also dubiously the first bar to sell Corona in AK. Nice to see it carry on again.

So, a thing to make you go 'hmm' about a craft beer bar. Just spotted this via my email: http://www.grabone.co.nz/auckland/brew-on-quay?utm_source=GrabOne+A....

So the deal is $20 for a jug of beer and a platter. Sweet, right? Except that in the small print they've excluded craft taps from the deal! Seems to me that a bar with a focus on craft beer would want to get more people into it, unfortunately that seems not to be the case here. Gutted.

and, yet again, we are faced with that perennial question of "what is craft beer?"

Ask for a jug of Armageddon and (when they say no) say... "fuck off, that's not craft beer! It's contract brewed in a 10,000L tank at a automated factory in South Auckland."

Automated,wow so for the last 13 years I have been opening and closing Steam valves, turning off/ on pumps, moving pumps, hoses, kegs when I could have have just turned on a switch. ( I must try to find these Automated switches)

sorry Shane... i don't want to cast dispersions on your muscles. 

You know what I mean though...  What is "craft"? I bet you have a pump, and an auger... and the mill is motorised.  I'm just trying to get the man a fair deal on that silly grabone promotion.

I don't think I've ever heard you apologise before Stu...
Well, this is certainly not a first. And probably not the last.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service