Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi all,

My name is Dave I am a brewer in Canberra (chubbybat.com) coming for a beer tour in Auckland on 23 April. Just wondering if someone can give me some tips and if anyone wants to join me. Also wondering if transport is difficult for the out of town breweries and if there are any others other than - I was planning on going to Galbraiths, Hallertau, O'Carrolls and Cock and Bull.

I haven't planned accommodation yet but was considering staying at a backpackers but if anyone has anything going on on the Saturday night I am a qualified chef and can cook in exchange for a space on the floor.

email is iamsegal@gmail.com

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everything's pretty spread out here in AK.

If you got somewhere in the city or Eastern fringe of you could do C&B Newmarket, Galbraith's, Brew on Quay with only mild taxi fare or possibly public transport pretty easily.

Hallertau is about 20 - 30 m from the CBD so you might need to play your chef card to get someone to take you out there ;-) unless you fancy a bazillion dollar taxi fee.

To be fair, the must sees would be Galbraith's and Hallertau but unfortunately pretty far apart..  Cock and bull is great but their beers are a little more mainstream and the atmosphere at most of their pubs is either absolutely dead or filled with cougars, I guess that's OK if that's you buzz haha.  Brew on Quay has a great selection in bottles, although some slow moving stock means the odd dud.  Still worth a look if you're nearby.

Everyone will pop up now and say you should go to Wellington instead haha.

Oh, Wellington is my next stop. That is where my conference is, I just thought there would be some good breweries in Auckland. the only reason for going there.
depends how hot the Cougars are
Anyone? in NZ want to do a tour of some great NZ breweries?

Recommended visits in Wellington:  Hashigo Zake, Malthouse, Hop Garden, Regional Wines & Spirits, Bruhaus. All have great NZ and imported ranges.

Recommended visits in Wellington ... and Bar Edward ... or is that too suburban now ?
cool, any tour guides? Hanger ons? Would love to meet some kiwi brewers ey,
Depends if I'm going to see George Clinton at the Powerstation that night or not!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service