Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thanks again to Hallertau for hosting this fine and prestigious event.

Hey boys and girls, sorry for this late write up (prompted my Greig) but have had a lot on my plate the last few months

First off a congrats to the first prize winners of the last comp John Golics and Matt. I managed to scrape in third so got to choose the style. Which is as the title states imperial red. Which as it turns out isn't an authentic style. Which is actually a good thing. So in saying that there will be a fair bit of ingenuity needed on this one. I can however give you some guidelines to go by.

Vital Statistics: OG: 1.060 – 1.075
IBUs: 50 – 90 FG: 1.008 – 1.012
SRM: 10 – 17 ABV: 6 – 9%

So everyone better get brewing :-)

Views: 193

Replies to This Discussion

Normally 4pm is the cutoff. You just come along... start talking shit.... start drinking piss... talk more shit... then the judges tell you if you've done any good, and a bunch of money changes hands.

That's pretty much how it goes.

Have fun - and one for me. I'll be down here brewing hundreds of liters of beer.

Cheers.

Cheers Joe! How much beer do I need to bring? Any special way of labelling it or anything? Sorry I've not entered a competition before so don't really know whatta do.

S

Just bring one bottle of what you want to enter... maybe something wlse to try while you wait (however I thouroughly recommend you but some beer over the bar... I mean GREEN FLASH WEST COAST IPA is on tap - one of the best IPAs in the entire world).

Don't label the beer - the judges will get an idea who made it then (becuse everyone is looking at them judging... and when your bottle comes up you'll no doubt give of a "tell" like "It's mine now... I want to see the expression on their faces" and they'll be looking at you looking at them and they'll be like "that's it - I'm marking him down... he's wearing black jeans.... and no one should be wearing black jeans on a day  like today".... etc.

Just a plain bottle will do.

Sage advice!

Stink, I won't be able to make it today guys, having to work late :o(
And a good day was had by all. Cheers to everyone who came and thank you kindly to the judges for the feedback and tips.
So who got it?
+1, the suspense is killing me!!

Greig won top honours (I will bring the winnings to Hallertau next weekend). Only 5 entries this time.

Next style is American Stout.

I had a great time talking to everyone. And thanks, to Richard, for brining his amazing gin and bourbon to taste as well. And Kyle brought his new puppy for socialization - so very sweet.

Another absentee winner! Congratulations Greig.

American Stout, eh? I think I fancy me some of that. Great time of year to brew it too, heading into winter.

Hell yes! Never done one of those, so looking forward to it. What's the date? Need to brew a dry Irish for my Dad's 62nd, so might split the wort and hop the shit out of the other half! ;)
Super excited about american stout, excellent choice by Haish and Brew Sci.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service