Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a basic Crankandstein mill from the US.  Shipping for up to 3 or 4 of their 2 roller mills is US$45 to NZ, so I'm wanting to see if there is anyone that might be interested in a bulk order.

I've done a few calculations and 3 units of the 2S (basic model) landed in NZ would be about NZ$120 all up per unit (plus local shipping if outside Christchurch). 2 units works out at about NZ$130 per unit.  Any more than 3 units and we'd go over the NZ$400 gst limit so the price is a little higher.  So it looks like 3 units is the sweet spot.

So is there anyone who might be interested in getting in on something like this?

Thanks

Andy (in Christchurch)

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Possibly keen (checking with co-brewer). We would have to get it shipped up to Wgtn as well.

Hi Paul,

I've emailed crankandstein to find out what the weight of a mill is so I will be able to give you an estimate shipping from Christchurch to Wellington.

Andy

For your reference Paul the 2S mill weighs about 2.5kg, so looking at NZ post it should cost about $6 or $7 to send one up to you in Wellington via tracked parcel post and I guess probably about double that for courier.

Andy

Also check the cost of a monster mill.... USD$42 shipping for up to 3 MM2s IIRC....

Thanks James,

I have looked at the monster mill.  They are about US$30 more than the basic crankandstein model and the shipping (from what I can tell) is US$45 for up to 2 units.  I'm really trying to get set up on a budget so I'm pretty set on the crankandstein.

Andy

Hey Andy,

I might be keen. Would it upset the system if I ordered a hopper to go with it? 

Hi Tom,

By the looks of things the hopper would add an extra US$25 to the shipping total.  That plus the US$40 extra for the hopper itself would put us over the GST threshold if there were 3 of us.  But I guess we can see who else is interested and see what we can do.

Would you still be interested without the hopper?  I'm just planning to make something simple out of a plastic bottle or mdf or something like that.

Andy

Hi again Andy. I take back the question about the hopper. Apparently its easy as to make your own. So, yes, I would like a mill if it is not too late to climb on board.

Hi Tom,

No, you're not too late.  We'll wait and see if we get a 3rd person who's keen (Paul maybe) and then we'll take it from there.

Andy

I had a look at that hopper and you could make one out of a cake tin (not the one in Welly) or a soup pot with some wood as a frame below it.

Tom,

I made a mistake with my pricing calculations and it now seems that the cheapest option is making orders for 2 mills at a time.  See my reply to Fraser further down in the thread.  You may want to contact him regarding placing a order together.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Andy

No worries Andy. I would be interested to hear how these work out. I think Fraser is going for a different system but I could always post on the forum as you have some time and get one of these with someone else.

Cheers

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service